[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used this to root my phone and it seemed to work great, but I still have the stock recovery. I installed ROM Manager and tried to flash the Clockwork Mod recovery but it didn't work. How to I get a different recovery flashed?

Download the Bionic Bootstrap app from the market and install CWR with it. Then use Rom Manager to install the most current version of CWR.

Good luck.

oldguy

Reaction score
I had backed everything up but lost it all when the OTA to 5.5.893 wiped out root. I eventually got root back but was afraid to use CWR for anything lest I mess up the new "good" state of the system (i.e., rooted and on an official image). So many of the useful recovery tools depend on root. So, is there a backup tool that can create a set of images that can get everything back to a known rooted state after VZW pushes something that kills root (I think this tool would have to include the kernel, the radio, the webtop, and the system, and not presume that you have root or CWR capability). I assume that, until we can replace the bootloader with an unlocked version, VZW can ultimately push a set of images and a script that can undo any mods that we have (unless we block their software updates) including 43V3R root. And I also suspect that many of us want to remain open to the VZW updates to take advantage of improvements and, eventually, ICS, if it comes out for the Bionic. So, what would be useful would be a backup that works with the stock flashboot and recreates a complete system state. Is that possible?

BTW, I only use root on the Bionic for simple stuff like freezing bloatware, enabling wifi hotspot, backing up apps, and using the directory and file explorers to learn more about what's on my device and the OS. I don't plan to be a developer and I don't want to go crazy with a bunch of experimental ROMs since I rely on my phone as a business tool. I did put CM7 on my 0G Droid and then bequeathed it to my spouse when I upgraded to the Bionic. I really miss the openness and recoverability of the 0G.

Last edited:

mattyj724

Reaction score
ok i had my phone rooted but not 4ever rooted, did an OTA update and lost root. then did manual update to 901. can i use this 4ever root or do i need to flash back to older update then 4ever root then manually do update again???

bthoms

Reaction score
Help installing OTA Update

I am currently on 5.5.886. I ran this tool to gain root and 4everRoot. I installed ROM Manager and the Clockwork Recovery. Now I am unable to install the OTA update to 5.5.893. It downloads, reboots, starts the install, gets about 1/3 of the way through and then fails. Can someone please help me?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am currently on 5.5.886. I ran this tool to gain root and 4everRoot. I installed ROM Manager and the Clockwork Recovery. Now I am unable to install the OTA update to 5.5.893. It downloads, reboots, starts the install, gets about 1/3 of the way through and then fails. Can someone please help me?

Here's one way, there may be others: A easier way back to the update path - RootzWiki

Reaction score
So I 4everroot'ed using this tool. Will the .901 update install without any issues?

Speaking of .901, where do you download it? I keep checking for updates but all my phone did was update to .893.

jkliving92

Reaction score
So I 4everroot'ed using this tool. Will the .901 update install without any issues?

Speaking of .901, where do you download it? I keep checking for updates but all my phone did was update to .893.

You'll have to install 893 before 901 one. And the 901 update is in the pathsaver zip. It should have pushed both the 893 and 901 updates to your sd card first thing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sadahiro

Reaction score
^^^^

Now what then?? :blink:
Once you have confirmed that the files are in your SD card by going into Stock Recover, go ahead and ho into AP fastboot then hit any button to continue the script. If there is nothing that pops up on the script saying "Error: Device Not Found" then you should be good. Just let it sit when it says Fastboot Partition needed. Then the script should finish and boot you into recovery. Once there, make sure you install the updates, and if it takes a couple of minutes to install each one, then you're good and just reboot.

davidmatt34

Reaction score
ok, so my bionic has 893, and i have the ADW launcher. when i run the R3l3AS3Droot (not R3L3AS3drootmine.bat) this is what i get from option 2:

* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN YOU ARE!
Press any key to continue . . .
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
"* Running zergRush exploit..."
481 KB/s (23052 bytes in 0.046s)
[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.
[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.
[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00016118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000161e0
[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40122c5c 0x0074
[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25ac9 0xafd39877
[*] Sending 185 zerglings ...
[-] Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
* Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root

i have tried a factory reset, i have tried using bionicpathsaver to "start from scratch". is there something that i am missing? i installed the drivers for the bionic from the vzw website, and i am waiting until the device is finished being discoverd before i run the releasedroot.bat... ??? any advice?

jhom

Reaction score
ok, so my bionic has 893, and i have the ADW launcher. when i run the R3l3AS3Droot (not R3L3AS3drootmine.bat) this is what i get from option 2:

* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN YOU ARE!
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
"* Running zergRush exploit..."
481 KB/s (23052 bytes in 0.046s)
[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.
[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.
[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00016118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000161e0
[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40122c5c 0x0074
[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25ac9 0xafd39877
[*] Sending 185 zerglings ...
[-] Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
* Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root

i have tried a factory reset, i have tried using bionicpathsaver to "start from scratch". is there something that i am missing? i installed the drivers for the bionic from the vzw website, and i am waiting until the device is finished being discoverd before i run the releasedroot.bat... ??? any advice?

option 2 doesn't work with 5.5.893.

jhom

Reaction score
it says it does, right in the script. what should i do then to get 893 with SU access?

It was for 5.7.893, not 5.5.893 that was delivered OTA. I know because I ran into the same problems. You might want to start reading post 374 on. There is a discussion and solutions offered. I used P3droid's method and it worked fine.

davidmatt34

Reaction score
It was for 5.7.893, not 5.5.893 that was delivered OTA. I know because I ran into the same problems. You might want to start reading post 374 on. There is a discussion and solutions offered. I used P3droid's method and it worked fine.

YAY!!! thanks Jhom. bionicpathsaver worked like a charm! now i can use thi to "unroot" as well if the time should come, right? also, if VZW should put out an OTA, and i run the OTA, will i retain root, or is that TBD?