[TOOLS] R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

jhom

Reaction score
In attempting to root my non-rooted Bionic running stock .893 purchased yesterday, I had some issues. There were a number of failures when launching the R3l3AS3DRoot.bat (can be found in the attachment). I chose option 2 and saw the following errors:

*sending 185 zerglings
-bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(

when I hit a key to continue, I received the following:
*Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to /system/xbin/busybox' : Read-only file system
failed to copy 'su' to /system/xbin/su' : Read-only file system

then it appears the Superuser.apk unpackages
Success

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /data: Operation not permitted

*Installing 43V3R Root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system
*All done! Your phone should now be 43V3R rooted!

I tried rooting today and got the same results. I have version .893 installed. Anyone with some advice?

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
Guys if you're on 893 and released script fails to root you're going to have to use the one click pathsaver with runmebbb.bat fix to get 893 rooted. The released script shouldn't even be used any longer with one click pathsaver script out. It works better and doesn't restore your system but everything. In fact if you use the released script after the pathsaver script there's a good chance you'll lose data connection because it wipes your data. Then you have flash the 886 radio.zip file to get data and then you have to have to use the pathsaver script to update to 893 and 901 and actually retain root. The released script should be forgotten. It only causes problems when people try to use the pathsaver and released script in conjunction with each other. Pathsaver is the only script you need.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jhom

Reaction score
Guys if you're on 893 and released script fails to root you're going to have to use the one click pathsaver with runmebbb.bat fix to get 893 rooted. The released script shouldn't even be used any longer with one click pathsaver script out. It works better and doesn't restore your system but everything. In fact if you use the released script after the pathsaver script there's a good chance you'll lose data connection because it wipes your data. Then you have flash the 886 radio.zip file to get data and then you have to have to use the pathsaver script to update to 893 and 901 and actually retain root. The released script should be forgotten. It only causes problems when people try to use the pathsaver and released script in conjunction with each other. Pathsaver is the only script you need.

Thanks for your comments. I will try pathsaver. But, before I try I want to make sure I have everything correct. The Released script failed on my unrooted stock OTA 5.5.893 Bionic. By using pathsaver, I should be able to root and have stock 5.5.893?

jkliving92

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I will try pathsaver. But, before I try I want to make sure I have everything correct. The Released script failed on my unrooted stock OTA 5.5.893 Bionic. By using pathsaver, I should be able to root and have stock 5.5.893?

Correct. For some reason released script fails to root 893 now but the pathsaver with the runmebbb.bat fix roots and forever roots while still on 886 and then you just update to 893 and retain root.

jhom

Reaction score
Correct. For some reason released script fails to root 893 now but the pathsaver with the runmebbb.bat fix roots and forever roots while still on 886 and then you just update to 893 and retain root.

Thanks jk. Since I have never rooted the Bionic, I decided to tried P3's one click first. It worked. So, I saved myself a step or two. Now, I need to find out if I'm forever rooted.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Thanks jk. Since I have never rooted the Bionic, I decided to tried P3's one click first. It worked. So, I saved myself a step or two. Now, I need to find out if I'm forever rooted.

I'd recommend root checker from the market.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is the script (below, pathsaver) that has replaced the forever one in this thread, the forever script does not work on the current 893 ota

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/188279-update-failed-5.html#post1952018

mods please close this thread as this tool is no longer useful on the current ota build

thanks

Curious, I 43v3r rooted before updating to .893 but Dhacker29 states in the OP that this does work on .893. Am I missing something here?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Curious, I 43v3r rooted before updating to .893 but Dhacker29 states in the OP that this does work on .893. Am I missing something here?

as far as i know the 893 ota is out to pretty much everyone so this script is no longer usefull.
as you can see most of the last few pages are people trying it and failing, then some of us directing them to the new script for 893.

jkliving92

Reaction score

Yes you are. The fact is it doesn't any longer. Go ahead and run the script as much as you like but this script is outdated.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, for now, this thread will remain open. We are in the process of trying to contact dhacker29. If it turns out that this is no longer valid, then we will go from there and decide what needs to be done. Sorry for the inconvenience.

oldguy

Reaction score
In attempting to root my non-rooted Bionic running stock .893 purchased yesterday, I had some issues. There were a number of failures when launching the R3l3AS3DRoot.bat (can be found in the attachment). I chose option 2 and saw the following errors:

*sending 185 zerglings
-bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(

when I hit a key to continue, I received the following:
*Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to /system/xbin/busybox' : Read-only file system
failed to copy 'su' to /system/xbin/su' : Read-only file system

then it appears the Superuser.apk unpackages
Success

Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /data: Operation not permitted

*Installing 43V3R Root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system
*All done! Your phone should now be 43V3R rooted!

Yes. I got the same results as you did when I lost root on the 893 OTA and tried option 2 to reroot it. Most, if not all, of the error messages appear to be due to the unsuccessful exploit to gain root on the 893 system. What worked for me was option 1, which takes you back to an 886 system (not the kernel or the radio, I infer from other posts) and then roots the phone with a method that survives the update to 893. I don't see any reason why this would not work on a stock 893 phone because the 886 system image is in the files for the package. According to the instructions, you also need the motorola USB driver prerelease rather than the released version of the drivers. I don't know why these are needed but I went and downloaded the motorola prerelease (5.2.1, I believe--google them) drivers and installed them. Then I set the phone up exactly as instructed in the script and followed along. I ended up with a reset phone with 886 installed and a rooted system. Then I went to the settings/about phone/sytem updates and it told me there was an update for my phone and I took it and ended up at 5.5.893 still rooted. Others on this thread are recommending the pathsaver method but I have no experience with that--only with the script you tried. The prerelease drivers are probably important. Also, the USB connection settings on your device and you need to have it set so that you can install apps from other than the market, etc., etc. I am no expert but understand that all of the instructions (however unclear) have a purpose.

BTW: I see others saying this doesn't work on the 893 OTA. I am not sure it ever did. I tried this immediately after the OTA came out on my phone and it didn't work for me without going back to 886--but I had failed to unroot prior to taking the OTA so attributed my failure to that fact. However, I am not sure that it really ever worked on the 893 system in general. I am not sure that it not working without going back to 886 is new information.

Last edited:
OP
dhacker29

dhacker29

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
th3oryrom.com
OK folks it seems that this no longer works on the 893 OTA it worked on the 5.7.893 which is what I was referring too. I've been in a hole working on ICS and didn't even know there was a new OTA lol

ex0rcist

Reaction score
OK folks it seems that this no longer works on the 893 OTA it worked on the 5.7.893 which is what I was referring too. I've been in a hole working on ICS and didn't even know there was a new OTA lol

Dh. Keep working on ics. An tyvm for your hard work. :D

jkliving92

Reaction score

That explains it. Haha. Can't wait for the ICS ROM!