Questions as I upgrade from Droid to Incredible

fritomist

Reaction score
I just got a Droid three weeks ago and love it. I chose it because of the slider keyboard because I didn't like onscreen typing. I have since downloaded SlideIT, become totally hooked on it, and haven't opened the slider keyboard since. As a result I decided to return the Droid during my 30 day trial period and get an Incredible instead now that I am comfortable living with only the onscreen keyboard, because it is faster and lighter. But I have three important questions:

1) I purchased a few apps of the many I downloaded (i.e., Docs to go). Is there any way to transfer them to the Incredible or offload them to a PC, storage card, or some online site and reload them on the new phone? Verizon told me they can't transfer the apps.

2) Does the Droid and the Incredible use the same battery? I purchased a spare battery from Seido for the Droid and would love to be able to use it.

3) I read that the screen on the Incredible is not as good as the Droid in sunlight. How much worse is it and is it a problem? Is there a remedy for it?

Any reason for me to NOT be making this change?

Thanks for any input.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. Apps will stick with your Gmail account.

2. No

3. It is really noticable but i see it as a non issue

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem. It is a great device. You'll love it.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

2. No

What exactly happens to the screen in sunlight? I have a PSP Go and when it's in direct sunlight the screen just appears black and I can't use it.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
If you turn your screen brightness up all the way, you will be able to see it in the sunlight. It may be a little difficult to see if it's INSANELY sunny, but it's workable. The only bad thing is how the brightness drains the battery.

bass_lover1

Reaction score

2. No

What exactly happens to the screen in sunlight? I have a PSP Go and when it's in direct sunlight the screen just appears black and I can't use it.

If you use the auto-brightness feature, then it's usable but the glass is so damn reflective it's hard to read it but manageable if necessary. Though, if you're one of the people that doesn't use auto-brightness and usually leave it at the lowest setting, good luck trying to adjust it when you walk outside.

rsarno

Reaction score
I switched for same reasons as you! Got the motor specifically for the keyboard and never touched it!

In my opinion there is no comparison, the since is far superior.

Sunlight is an issue because you'll tend to keep brightness down for the battery. But in direct sun you just can't see it unless you turn it back up. Annoying but copeable!

Make the switch, and don't buy the extended battery yet, try out stock

fishstick600

Reaction score
Its up to you on which phone you want but if u get the inc and still want a larger screen with the slide out keyboard id get the inc try it out and if u want the driod.2 get it next month.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ffej89

Reaction score
As far as screen brightness in sunlight... I believe Verizon is starting to use tft lcd screens instead of (or in addition to) amoled. If you get a DINC with a tft screen it is easier to see in the sun. The tft is whats on the Evo that i have and i have no issues in the sunlight. It is darker but very usable

bfederroll

Reaction score
The batter on my Incredible has terrible battery life. I could use my previous phone for 2 days or more with medium use. this Droid has to be charged every 4-6 hrs. with little to medium use. Can anyone help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The batter on my Incredible has terrible battery life. I could use my previous phone for 2 days or more with medium use. this Droid has to be charged every 4-6 hrs. with little to medium use. Can anyone help.

Sure. Buy a spare battery. Get an inexpensive wall charger on ebay. If you need to get a car charger.

These phones use a lot of battery, specially with the display on. If you have your display turned off when you're not using it that will definitely help. I also recommend an additional charger and a cradle so when you're not using it your phone will stay charged.