switching from droid to incredible

rewdey

Reaction score
long time reader very little poster, i have a motorola droid and picked up a DINC ; short and sweet whats the easiest way to transfer over from the droid to the incredible? aside from the obvious, im assuming titanium pro back up? any tricks? thanks in advance

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you provide a little more specifics on what you want to transfer?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
R

rewdey

Reaction score
well when i was on windows i had a nice backup program call PIM that would backup everything that would make transitioning between phones a snap, i guess at this point i should just activate and see what doesnt go through the cloud.

Big Ry

Reaction score
well when i was on windows i had a nice backup program call PIM that would backup everything that would make transitioning between phones a snap, i guess at this point i should just activate and see what doesnt go through the cloud.
Google takes care of alot for you...calendar, contacts, etc. I'm not sure why but in my experience Google also autoreinstalls some apps for you...not all just some. SMS, mms, call log, play lists, settings, all need to be backed up manually. Titanium or mybackup can do this. I'm having some issues with mybackup not backing up all my apps, but it could just be an isolated incident. Don't bother backing up system setting either when switching to a completely different model phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

techinv

Reaction score
I switched from Droid to Droid Inc 2 months ago. Previous poster is dead on. Google takes care of the apps, based on the the gmail address that you activated the Droid with, both free and paid apps. I had about 800 pieces of music to download so I had to buy an SD card for the Droid Inc before I could do that. But switching was really a non event.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Google's backup system got everything for me. Everything else was on the SD card that came with my Droid so i just moved that SD card to my Incredible. Quick and easy.

jamiehughes

Reaction score
make sure you swap the sd cards as well...lots of your files and such will stay on there plus the droid card was like 15gb and the incredible one is only 2gb i believe. they are interchangeable.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
make sure you swap the sd cards as well...lots of your files and such will stay on there plus the droid card was like 15gb and the incredible one is only 2gb i believe. they are interchangeable.

droid card was 16gb (well really about 15gb if you wanna be technical) and yes they are interchangeable. I took my 16gb sd card from my old droid before i gave it to my sister, ended up giving her an 8gb one

kmfdm515

Reaction score
i'm in the same boat - switching from a droid to a HTC Inc. a few Qs:

1) I can make a backup with MyBackupPro and save it to my SD card, then load it up on the new phone? and everything that MBP backs up will be transferred to the new device correctly?

2) Verizon just told me that paid apps were linked to the phone and could not be transferred - but you guys are saying it's inked to your google account?

3) will all contact integration with facebook contacts remain after transferring?

4) I'm giving my Droid to my wife and scrapping her junk phone (LG Dare). Will Verizon charge me (twice?) to move the contacts from each phone to the new phone?

Last edited: