Question for those who carry Droid in their pocket

liguy257

Reaction score
I'm coming from a small LG flip that I keep in a holster in my pocket, beeper-style (clipped to the pocket with the front of the phone facing my leg). I'm looking for a case that will keep the droid in a similar way. The holster from Verizon forces the phone to face the inside of the holster, which I think is pointless, so right now I'm looking at the body glove.

My main question is for those who keep the phone in your pocket, do you find it too big/uncomfortable? Area-wise it's a lot wider and taller than my current phone, I'm just wondering if it's too big.

Opinions:

droidism

Reaction score
No, I keep my droid in my pocket and it seems fine. I dont have a case though. If your going to keep it in your pocket though make sure to get a screen protector.:motdroidhoriz:

atlharry

Reaction score
I've been keeping mine in my pocket and it hasn't been a problem at all (i've got an invisi-shield screen protector on it).

rod

Reaction score
ive always carried my past phones in my back pocket. i dont worry about sitting on the phone, because im used to putting my phone in the center console when i get in my truck, or on my desk when i get to the office (just last week i watched an iphone user play with this cracked-screen-iphone. iSatOnIt. eesh!). but no, i dont even think twice about it. it doesnt bother me. perfect size.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep it in my pocket, but coming from the LG voyager, really it's not that much bigger... wider but that's about it. It's the only thing i keep in that pocket and it feels normal to me, but i have also contemplated getting the bodyglove, as i might want to just keep it on my belt.

J

JohnDroid

I keep mine in my front pocket (front left) along with cash, coins and my car keys (i only carry one actual KEY at a time, not a full keychain) -- and it fits just fine, never a problem. I don't use a screen protector and there are no scratches yet.

I've done this with my past 4 or 5 phones and always without a protector and they are always fine.

rockndakota

Reaction score
I made a case from micro fiber. To protect the screen I created a pocket, inserted a piece of rigid thin plastic and sewed the inside pocket shut. I actually made this case for my retired LG Voyager because the screen was too easy to accidentally activate while in my pocket. Another benefit of the micro fiber case is the case itself makes a great screen cleaner during the day. I wash the case in the kitchen sink with dawn dish soap to clean it when needed.

fr4c

Reaction score
In the pocket for me. Never had a case on any of my phones, and I'm extremely careful. It's such a sexy phone, why cover it up with a case IMO.

J

JohnDroid

I made a case from micro fiber. To protect the screen I created a pocket, inserted a piece of rigid thin plastic and sewed the inside pocket shut. I actually made this case for my retired LG Voyager because the screen was too easy to accidentally activate while in my pocket. Another benefit of the micro fiber case is the case itself makes a great screen cleaner during the day. I wash the case in the kitchen sink with dawn dish soap to clean it when needed.

Got any pics?

soyboy

Reaction score
The Droid (as have my earlier phones) lives in my left pocket, my keys and such in my right pocket. The phone fits fine, no worse than my old clamshell Moto E815.

trippinbillies

Reaction score
I use the body glove case from the Verizon store. It has clip on it that you can press a button on and release. It might be what your looking for.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The holster from Verizon forces the phone to face the inside of the holster, which I think is pointless,

this is to protect the screen just in case you run into somehting hard or get hit where the phone is.

its always advised wether in a holster or in your pocket to ALWAYS have the screen facing inwards.

heem

Reaction score
I used to carry my blackberry like that - pager style in the holster. I must admit I feel naked without something clipped there now.

Currently Droid is in my left pocket and keys in the right. When I sit down at my desk I put it down on my desk and in the car it goes in the car dock.