Question for those who carry Droid in their pocket

paq237

Reaction score
In the pocket - 'half-way' protection.

Like many of the others here, I too carry the Droid in my pocket.

No concerns thus far, but I did want to share that I purchased a protective case that I'm only using the 'top half of' (comes in two different peices, one to protect the top part that slides, and one to cover the back portion with the camera / speaker). I would be using the entire thing, but the Droid accessories (Media station / Car dock) don't support this - the phone simply won't physically fit into these devices when the back of the unit is encased. What I have resorted to is the usage of the top (front) portion of the case which provides a bevel over the surface of the screen to alleviate inadvertent contact. With the rear portion of the case off, I can still dock the unit while keeping some protection on the front.

Best of luck - happy droidn'

radsaq

Reaction score
The Droid (as have my earlier phones) lives in my left pocket, my keys and such in my right pocket. The phone fits fine, no worse than my old clamshell Moto E815.

Hey, get out of my pants! ;)

Seriously, though, it's thinner than the E815 I used to have, and I likewise keep my phone in my left pocket and keys in my right. So it's actually more comfortable.

1stdroid

Reaction score
I've been carrying phones in my right front pocket for many years and the droid is no exception.

I did notice that due to it's size, in some pants, the slider will occasionally open partially. Not a big deal. Now, at the office, I just take it out of my pocket and lay it on my desk.

I have a screen protector installed and I deliberately don't put anything else in that pocket except paper, etc. Also, I turn the screen inward toward my leg to avoid any impact damage to the screen.

REARless

Reaction score
It is probably just me but I had the Droid "lock up" on me while carrying it in my pocket. I had to yank the battery to bring it back. This happened three times.

I had always carried my BB in my pocket, but I decided to go to a leather belt holster I got at the Verizon store. I have not had any lock ups for a week.

But I have had to endure my wife's constant teasing. (She bought me a pocket protector for my shirt pocket so I would "complete the outfit.")

msb

Reaction score
Droid in the pocket

1st off what pocket are you talking about? If youre talking about your pants pocket, make sure you do not plan on having kids. Its been documented by medical field not to put a cell by your groin. They do not like the radiation these things carry and put out next to ones reproductive area.

If youre talking about a breast pocket in a shirt, thats where I keep mine during the day. Just be cautious when leaning over as the phone will slip out and drop to the floor.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I looked at the clip at the Verizon store and although it says to face the screen inwards, it also fits facing outwards. The top clip is hinged, so it flexes back to slide the phone in place. I think they just say face it inward to keep customers from damaging the screen when worn on the belt. I had a clip for my Dare that was the same way and always had it facing outward and clipped inside my pocket. Never any problems.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am a "droid lives in my front left pocket" guy also. I started off using a suede-like sleeve (came with my 30gb zune) but any sort of case/sleeve always ends up being too much of a hastle for me. All my phones have lived in my pocket without ill effects. No screen protector for me, but then again I don't put anything else in there like john does.. not too big for me, though I think it would be if it had any type of case on it

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
I looked at the clip at the Verizon store and although it says to face the screen inwards, it also fits facing outwards. The top clip is hinged, so it flexes back to slide the phone in place. I think they just say face it inward to keep customers from damaging the screen when worn on the belt. I had a clip for my Dare that was the same way and always had it facing outward and clipped inside my pocket. Never any problems.

Ah, so the phone will still physically fit in the hoslter then... got it. The phone will be clipped to my pocket with the screen side resting against my leg. Like others, I feel out of place without a phone in my right front pocket (if it's not there I will constantly be wondering where it is, haha).

I don't keep anything else in that pocket so there should be no problems with scratches, etc. Kind of mad that I ordered the body glove case but if I don't like that I'll return it for the regular hoslster.

Thanks for the responses... this forum is awesome. I get my droid tomorrow and will be all up in this thing from then on.

Dubbayne

Reaction score
the clip your talking about that makes the phone screen face the inside is nice. the reason is to protect the screen from bumping into things an what not. if you have the phone on vibrate you can feel it really good on your hip, where as if you have it in your pocket you can never tell. when im at work i use the clip for the belt, when i go out to the bars or parties i also have a clear snap on 2 piece cover, works really well. but no i cant tell its in my pocket. cigarettes are more uncomfortable in my pocket then the droid. hope that helps ya

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I keep it in my pocket with the Body Glove on it. No Issues, I have big pockets.

Shel

Reaction score
You wouldn't know it from looking at the device, but the Droid is almost exactly the same size as an iPhone 3GS!

iPhone:

Height: 115.5 mm
Width: 62.1 mm
Thickness: 12.3 mm

Droid:

Height: 116.8
Width: 61
Thickness: 12.7

So, the Droid is thicker then the iPhone by point 4mm, or 0.0157 inches! That's slightly more then one HUNDRETH of an inch thicker then the iPhone. It's also narrower then the iPhone, and only 0.05 inches taller!

I'm using an iPhone case made by Sena, and keep my Droid in my pants.... pocket.

NO problems!

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
I never carry my Droid in my pocket, a thin piece of material (pants) doesn't seem like good protection, especially for a GLASS screen. Leaning, resting and carrying things always focuses on that area of the leg, the LAP.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I never carry my Droid in my pocket, a thin piece of material (pants) doesn't seem like good protection, especially for a GLASS screen. Leaning, resting and carrying things always focuses on that area of the leg, the LAP.

It's called being aware of your surroundings....

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score

... and that never works at any/every given moment, and then you'll say... OH ****, AND PRAY. Carrying anything glass in your pocket is like sleeping with a rattle snake.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

... and that never works at any/every given moment, and then you'll say... OH ****, AND PRAY. Carrying anything glass in your pocket is like sleeping with a rattle snake.

I see your point, Guess I'm more careful since I OC and CC most of the time. Not a good idea to be bumping into things while armed....