Question for those who carry Droid in their pocket

flip69

Reaction score
Stylus?

Can you tell me where to get a stylus that will work with the Moto Droid capacitive screen? TIA.

Daver

Reaction score
My cell phones always get their own pocket lol, the front left. I have a case and screen protector and keep it in that pocket. The only thing it shares the pocket with our headphones and a wipe cloth. Works nicely for me.

mbishop145

Reaction score
Phone in pocket

I got the verizon holster, and it goes in my pocket easily (and I'm little).
Although the phone faces the holster, it slides out of the holster with no problem, so I don't have to use the clip to get it out.

I read in another forum that the other holder you referred to is tight and cracked a droid in the store at Best Buy.

I love these forums!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do I really need the protective cover. I saw a YouTube video where a guy took a key to the Droid and it wouldnt scratch. I am using a stylus and it works better ON the bare Droid screen. Comments?

Yes I saw that You Tube video as well. 'nuff said.:)

Everybody acts like glass will scratch. It won't. Now the phone itself may get a ding in the paint job from the keys but the glass? No way.

flip69

Reaction score
I got the verizon holster, and it goes in my pocket easily (and I'm little).
Although the phone faces the holster, it slides out of the holster with no problem, so I don't have to use the clip to get it out.

I read in another forum that the other holder you referred to is tight and cracked a droid in the store at Best Buy.

I love these forums!

Please explain which holster. The one with the spring clip on the top, the 2 part one with the shell for the phone which then slips into a holder or the one where the phone sits sideways and there is a velcro closure. And then you put the whole holster in your pocket? Why? Isn't the holster for attaching to your belt?

flip69

Reaction score

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I carry the phone in my pocket. While the phone doesn't feel particularly bulky or uncomfortable, I have had problems with the battery hatch coming lose when I take the phone out of my pocket. This was a replacement hatch, BTW.

Reaction score
ok,... it's a masculine phone,.. or so they say,... it's a robot,.. not a princess,.. but my phone doesn't fit well in my pants pockets. Guess it depends on the size of your pockets. I have a hard acrylic case,.... it has pros and cons as well as the holster. The Droid is usually carried around all day by me, as I am a droid-oholic can't put it down . If not in my hands,.. it's in my purse tumbling around.

Have heard of some generic cases that have a magnetic closure which is cool because it activates the dock modes of your phone.

I'm leaning toward a body glove now,.. unless I run across one of these magnetic generic cases.

The First fallen droid story and pics here: My First Fallen Droid… | Android Phone Fans

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
All the cases I found were similar to the body glove in style. I carry my droid in my front pocket without much issue. No more uncomfortable than my HTC Kaiser was. The one issue I do have with it is partial opening. I think it's worse because of the case, and the fact that the case is so tacky. But the trade off is that I no longer worry about dropping it, or it sliding off the leather seat in my car, like it did a couple times the first week I had the phone.

I try and make sure there is no change or keys in the pocket with the phone. Not worried about scratches like I was with the Kaiser, but impact can crack it pretty easy.

bluecouch

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with dust/particles showing up underneath the screen? I have been carrying it in my pocket for about a month now without a case or a screen protector and I have a grouping of dust particles underneath the screen... I don't think I can get them out and I want to know if there is any way to prevent it from happening more. Thanks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid front left, keys/wallet/misc front right. completely nekkid, no problems or scratches.

M

Matth3w

I'm coming from a small LG flip that I keep in a holster in my pocket, beeper-style (clipped to the pocket with the front of the phone facing my leg). I'm looking for a case that will keep the droid in a similar way. The holster from Verizon forces the phone to face the inside of the holster, which I think is pointless, so right now I'm looking at the body glove.

My main question is for those who keep the phone in your pocket, do you find it too big/uncomfortable? Area-wise it's a lot wider and taller than my current phone, I'm just wondering if it's too big.

Opinions:
I always keep mine in my front right pocket with an invisible shield on it. I don't put other things except my little cleaning cloth in that pocket. It's never too big.

tarleet

Reaction score
I am waiting for my droid but from my past phone experience, leather case and in your pock without a body shield will scuff up your phone. Did that with my windows mobile phone, Iphone, and Palm. with the Iphone i got one of those $30 leather case, a few weeks later the back was all scuff up, gloss finish was dull, and the black finish went down almost to base. I had on just a screen protector and that help. but then again im not one of those who baby my equipment.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
In the pocket for me. Never had a case on any of my phones, and I'm extremely careful. It's such a sexy phone, why cover it up with a case IMO.

Thats why you get a $25 case that makes the phone look cooler and only add .02 inches. Like me