Put some .avi filles on the SD card, now can't find them

IncredibleMe

Reaction score
Well this is driving me crazy. Is there a default video player on the Incredible? I put some movies in .avi format on my sd card but they don't show up in my videos. I've read that some folks claim they can watch .avi on their phones but they have no sound. I'm all for changing the format later but how do I find the files in general?

kmo

Reaction score
Download "astro file manager" from the Market (if you haven't already) that should find it for you.

ffej89

Reaction score
Dont you have to convert from AVI to mp4 first?

waynester

Reaction score
yeah , try rockplayer, I stuck with the free ver.
it works well. though you will be prompted to dl OI file manager OI File Manager review - Google Android Applications - Know Your Mobile

OI is used to find your vids, I found it easier to make new folder named "movies" and put my vids there

The great thing about rockplayer is the formats it supports for ex. AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MOV, ASF, DivX, Xvid, and H.264

no converting necessary

jnmilli352

Reaction score
I did not know about rock player that is awesome I have wasted countless hours converting and I searched codec pack in the market and nothing came up..Thanks!!

jnmilli352

Reaction score
Does it play as many formats as rock player? There are 3 free versions of rock player for different OS but doesn't specify which is for which..

ffej89

Reaction score
No format factory found in market?

sorry for the confusion. What i use factory format for is converting my personal dvd's to mp4 format to put on my phone and its on my computer not in the market