RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

Im_Gumby

Reaction score
Thanks! My previously ripped MP4s weren't playing after upgrading to Froyo, but this solved the problem! (I suspect a missing codec)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although this app worked perfectly on my Droid, it is having a lot of trouble on the X. Anyone else experiencing this?

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Although this app worked perfectly on my Droid, it is having a lot of trouble on the X. Anyone else experiencing this?

They probably not only crippled the bootloader, but also inserted a "feature" that makes all third-party software run at 20% speed dancedroid

JK :p.. What sort of problems are you having?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

They probably not only crippled the bootloader, but also inserted a "feature" that makes all third-party software run at 20% speed dancedroid

JK :p.. What sort of problems are you having?

Haha, let's hope not! I actually realized that the movie that was playing so badly was a 1080p rip. I tried a different video and it played very well. Looks like it was related to how the first movie was encoded.

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Haha, let's hope not! I actually realized that the movie that was playing so badly was a 1080p rip. I tried a different video and it played very well. Looks like it was related to how the first movie was encoded.

LOL, ok, then it's not surprising that it didn't work all too well ;)

480p should be fine... 720p would be very, very very impressive :)

dogthehunter

Reaction score
Downloaded the apk but cannot get it activated right now, says try back later! We'll see what happens. Dog

???

Reaction score
mine stopped working today on me. when I open the app it sends me to their website.

is like the free time up and now it costs? cause I don't see a buy anywhere

moot

Reaction score
mine stopped working today on me. when I open the app it sends me to their website.

is like the free time up and now it costs? cause I don't see a buy anywhere

On their website is a link to the app in the market, it's on the right side of the page. Just pick the correct link associated with your phone. Still free with ads, or paid $10.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Two things I'm not digging;
The gui doesn't list playables, you have to find them.
Then, if you find something unplayable and just want to delete it, it has "Delete" as one of the choices for a long-press, but if you choose that, the dev is an EF'in smart ass and it comes up, "I am not a file manager!".

-Tell me that BS is not on the paid version... lol.

It seems like a completely unfinished player. It's NOT user-friendly at all. -Unless I'm missing some big-ass menu selection somewhere that can configure RockPlayer to act like a real video player, it just seems like a codec pack.
Am I way wrong here? (If I'm missing the boat here, I'm asking for help so I can properly appreciate this app!)

gateway

Reaction score
For the Droid X with is the right version to download. At the moment there are 3 listed.

gateway

Reaction score
For the Droid X witch is the right version to download. At the moment there are 3 listed.

Vidness

Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to make it the default player for various video types from a file explorer? That's the biggest thing missing. With root, I'm sure there's a way. Also, this thing plays .vob files...Straight DVD content in it's pure form...pretty freakin' sweet!