RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

reaper keeper

Reaction score
[QUOTE

That did the trick. Thanks!

Thanks to Reaper Keeper as well!

I will drink several beers in both of your names, you have my word on this :icon_eek:[/QUOTE]

Drop44
Glad you got it working dancedroid
Enjoy the brew!

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Will this allow one to watch DVDs without a third party conversion program on your PC or Mac? I know nothing about this, but I saw this thread and thought it would be cool to pull some of my favourite DVDs from my movie collection onto my Droid.

Hi Zandar, not really. You'll need a conversion program to get your DVDs into AVI (DivX/XviD) format before you can play them well on Rockplayer.

The reason everyone's overjoyed about Rockplayer is because DivX and XviD is pretty much the defacto standard for standard definition video material on the web...

If you're looking to convert your DVDs, you might as well go with H264 right away, since it's technically the better codec, and is natively supported in Android (less battery use, smoother, doesn't require as much CPU power).

Zandar

Reaction score
How would I go about doing that? Sorry for the utter n00bishness.

justicw

Reaction score
This is a great app but it does need refined. I think that more refined hardware acceleration and UI would make this app one of the top 5 apps on the market. As of now in its beta form it is buggy and will not handle all the divix files you through at it. HD will not work at all you must have a lower rez avi with a lower bitrate in order to get any type of watchable playback.

What it can't do it doesn't do at all. What it CAN do it does VERY well.

I would give this a 4 out of 5 stars :)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
avi's play like a champ, but the mp4s already on my card play back in slow motion. ne1 else encounter this??

bhall238

Reaction score
Thanks christim. I really love this site for all the latest and greatest Droid information.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been using RockPlayer for a few weeks now and LOVE it. I haven't touched HandBrake since downloading it!

teck

Reaction score
Thank you I also had gotten the error message from Google.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
avi's play like a champ, but the mp4s already on my card play back in slow motion. ne1 else encounter this??

No problems with 3 different mp4's I tried. I had used Any Video Converter to make the 3 I had tried. That's a free open source tool that allows to to convert to and from a limited list of file types. I also tried a mkv file and that played just fine too.

bhall238...tons of info on here, glad I helped!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

yep - they're videos from our flipcam (not hd)

though it's amazingly smooth slow motion :)

Diordna

Reaction score

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
if anyone needs this app, and to my regards this is NOT a paid app. I will gladly email it to you if you are having trouble with the links. Thank the developer for his or her great work!dancedroid