RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

Project37

Reaction score
Wow! I'd had moderate luck playing some Doctor Who episodes (the framerate was a bit off), but this official version works like a dream. No more converting to MP4! Many thanks for this great little app!

Is there a way to hide the little "R" logo?

Mild tangent:

Worked for me, already watching some family guy and home movies episodes. Work is now a little more bearable...

*LOVE* Home Movies! If you haven't already, check out Jon Benjamin in "Archer.":)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Couple of quick questions if I may:

Is there a way to make RockPlayer show up in the apps drawer?
Is there a way to integrate it into the shell (make it open when I click on a video file?

Also, but not related, I just found an app called "Spare Parts" in my app drawer and don't remember how it got there... hmmm... Could it have been part of 2.2, Bugless Beast, latest smoked theme?

AS ALWAYS,
TIA!

myDownfall

Reaction score
Also, but not related, I just found an app called "Spare Parts" in my app drawer and don't remember how it got there... hmmm... Could it have been part of 2.2, Bugless Beast, latest smoked theme?
I do believe it's part of BB.

Also, loving Rockplayer at the moment. Tried a few different videos and it appears to be working great. Now all I need to do is grab a 32gb card! :icon_ banana:

codyodyody

Reaction score
Well work just got a whole lot less boring....awesome app been looking for something like this for a while

reaper keeper

Reaction score
Nice

Just DL it from my totally stock 2.1 Moto Droid. It installed without a hitch, but it does not show up in the settings/applications/manage applications so Im guessing that we wont be able to make it the default player. I have watched several small clips and so far so good!

+2 for devloper, GREAT job!dancedroid:icon_ banana:

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Couple of quick questions if I may:

Is there a way to make RockPlayer show up in the apps drawer?
Is there a way to integrate it into the shell (make it open when I click on a video file?

AS ALWAYS,
TIA!

It already shows up in the app drawer - just install it normally. No idea on the Shell part, although that would be awesome :icon_ banana:

Spare Parts is just an app that you probably installed or got with the ROM :)

reaper keeper

Reaction score
Go to settings/applications and make sure the unknown sources box is checked, then use astro (or any other file brouser) and to sdcard/download folder, click on file.
Done!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Go to settings/applications and make sure the unknown sources box is checked, then use astro (or any other file brouser) and to sdcard/download folder, click on file.
Done!

Yea, set up that.,,astro still says cannot ope this file.

drop44

Reaction score
Done!

I followed the above instructions exactly, checked unknown sources box and clicked on the file using astro. I get an error message that it can't be installed.

I deleted the file and re-downloaded from MU. I thought since I checked the unknown sources box it would install automatically. I get a Parse Error that reads "There is a problem parsing the package".

all help appreciated!

Zandar

Reaction score
Will this allow one to watch DVDs without a third party conversion program on your PC or Mac? I know nothing about this, but I saw this thread and thought it would be cool to pull some of my favourite DVDs from my movie collection onto my Droid.