RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
5yt7uv.jpg

divx.jpg

We all know of Android's video codec limitations (i.e., no AVI or MKV support). Many Android players promising AVI playback have been, to put it lightly, disappointments. Over the past few weeks, however, there has been much buzz surrounding Android's newest video player, RockPlayer, that reportedly plays AVI and MKV files without a hiccup. However, up until today, the beta for RockPlayer had been private, and the versions floating around were not authorized by the developer (i.e., warez).

Today, this has all changed! I am pleased to announce that the developer, "Water.E" has released RockPlayer Beta to the public! I personally have been using RockPlayer for sometime now, and have been impressed by the app's exceptional playback. For example, while displaying an AVI file full-screen, I get a fluid 24fps playback, with minimal audio sync issues and relatively no skipping. In my opinion, RockPlayer is the best video player for Android. Also note, RockPlayer is also equipped to play the standard Android video format, MP4, as well. Check it out and let us know what you think.

[video=youtube;fP3Hoa18deI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3Hoa18deI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - RockPlayer Public Beta: Divx App for Android hands-on[/video]

via DiffThink.com
Video courtesy of Xperiax10.net
Download RockPlayer Beta here

gixxerboy

Reaction score
golly gee stage vu.com should work now

Last edited by a moderator:

Meticode

Reaction score
Download link doesn't work, when you click the file it says it's exceeded it's download bandwidth.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would try again a few times. I just downloaded it no more then 5 minutes ago. Maybe I was the last one for the day.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I downloaded it earlier also. Here's what is says now:

Sorry...

You cannot view this page because this group has exceeded its bandwidth quota.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is they probably didn't anticipate as much traffic as they got :)

brando56894

Reaction score
Aawesome. I tried the closed beta before and it worked perfectly for me, Im sure its even better now. I just have to buy a 32gb sdcard now for all of my shows and find a point in time where I can actually make use of this lol

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Not having any luck. I'm trying to play an .avi from the SD card, it plays fine for the first few seconds then the sound quits and the movie gets really slow until it stops.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have it installed and it looks pretty good. Currently I'm using Act 1 so I have to learn how to use RockPlayer.