Torrent music and movies discussion for Droid 2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Just curious if any of you are using an app or anything to download torrents (music, movies) onto your phone? There is a heated discussion going on at a torrent site that I'm a member of and a lot of bickering going on from people (who actually don't have Android phones) are saying that it's possible to download torrents and such onto your phone and unRar it and watch it. I say it's impossible without some sort of emulator (debian) to do that.

The closest app I've come across is called Transdroid. It's a remote that helps you find torrents from public trackers, or you can add your own site (I prefer private trackers). It allows you to remotely control torrents through the Transdroid (pause, seed, stop, etc). There are a couple other features on there but nothing to help you unrar files or watch movies on because all it does is places the torrents on your PC (uTorrent) and then you can do whatever on your PC to it.

They are saying different but have not been able to prove there is an efficient app or tool to handle torrent downloads, writing to your SD card, converting AVI (most movies are AVI format) to 3gp so you can watch on your phone. I've looked and looked for such app/tools but have found none. Only thing I see is converting the movies ON your PC or downloading a proper media player onto your Droid and then transfer the movie to your phone.

Anybody else been messing with this, looking into it, or know some more things about this?

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No response? There's gotta be someone who knows a bit more about this than I do.