torrenting on droid X (help please)

happyface

Reaction score
okay so theres a cool app on IPTorrents call aBTC(abittorentclient) so i can download torrents but not yet been able to play any of them.

so when i download a show like family guy avi it says "cannot play media"???? and also when i transfer from pc i cannot play it? i LOVE my droid and i came from using blackberry storm and that could play avi's

and also when i download music it wont play.but if i transfer it from my PC it plays fine.

does anyone else use the droid x to torrent? i really wanna be able to do this so any help would be GREATLY appreciated

OP
H

happyface

Reaction score
well if it condones hackaing a form of pirating i wouldnt think torrents would be a problem.

cpjr

Reaction score
Hacking and pirating are 2 COMPLETELY different things. Hacking isnt stealing. Read the rules (as you already should have anyways) if you dont believe me.

OP
H

happyface

Reaction score
are you serious? "hacking isnt stealing" so if i hack a program so i dont have to pay for it im not stealing it? and if i share with others on how i did it in a forum is a form of pirating.but whatever this is off topic i just wanted to ask a question

justicw

Reaction score
Lets get past the pirating part of this (as there are MANY torrents that are legal). This is a valid question. Your downloads must confirm to the codecs that the android can read. Most of these are MP4 codecs I'm not an expert but I would bet this is your issue. Simply downloading a video isn't enough you have to have the correct format. You can search for torrents in Mobile format (I've found many un-licensed anime this way) and it will play right after you download it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Guys, play nice.

This forum does not advocate theft of any kind. Violating your TOS is your choice, and we will happily help you root your phone for any number of reasons, but outright theft is not condoned. Period.

As for playing back any kind of video, regardless of source, keep in mind these devices are limited in the kind of video playback offered. Also, the CPU is fairly weak. As such, don't expect a lot of formats/compression routines to work.

OP
H

happyface

Reaction score
thanks for helpful reply

Lets get past the pirating part of this (as there are MANY torrents that are legal). This is a valid question. Your downloads must confirm to the codecs that the android can read. Most of these are MP4 codecs I'm not an expert but I would bet this is your issue. Simply downloading a video isn't enough you have to have the correct format. You can search for torrents in Mobile format (I've found many un-licensed anime this way) and it will play right after you download it.

awww i see so i can even download on my pc and and just convert it to MP4 hmm makes sense thanks. but what about the music? it plays if i transfer but not when i download it its just weird i download it, go to the folder it went to and go to play it and it wont.

OP
H

happyface

Reaction score
thanks

Guys, play nice.

This forum does not advocate theft of any kind. Violating your TOS is your choice, and we will happily help you root your phone for any number of reasons, but outright theft is not condoned. Period.

As for playing back any kind of video, regardless of source, keep in mind these devices are limited in the kind of video playback offered. Also, the CPU is fairly weak. As such, don't expect a lot of formats/compression routines to work.

okay so im new to droid got it about 4 days ago I LOVE IT. but another question for ya i hear this alot "rooting" what does that mean?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Guys, play nice.

okay so im new to droid got it about 4 days ago I LOVE IT. but another question for ya i hear this alot "rooting" what does that mean?

This will help with your rooting questions... What is rooting and why should I do it? The pros & cons of Android rooting

In regards to "pirating" - as stated in the thread, we do not support links to pirated apps or requests on where to obtain pirated material...

As far as torrents - there are some apps in the marketplace that may or may not assist in playing.. torrents - Search Android Apps on AppBrain and you might also look for like RockPlayer (?), which would support multiple media types...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, play nice.

This is correct and well said furbearingmammal. Hacking and stealing are totally different. Hacking a phone does not involve stealing anything. We do not allow conversations about stealing or pirated torrents.

As I reviewed this thread it doesn't appear that any talk of pirating is going on. I can't verify that the site the OP is talking about is a pirate site. Make sure we stay off the topic of pirated torrents or the thread will be closed.

avt123

Reaction score
The OP didn't ask how to steal anything. The OP asked how to play the items he already stole lol.

OP
H

happyface

Reaction score
you are the man

Guys, play nice.

This will help with your rooting questions... What is rooting and why should I do it? The pros & cons of Android rooting

In regards to "pirating" - as stated in the thread, we do not support links to pirated apps or requests on where to obtain pirated material...

As far as torrents - there are some apps in the marketplace that may or may not assist in playing.. torrents - Search Android Apps on AppBrain and you might also look for like RockPlayer (?), which would support multiple media types...

rock player works! you are good sir,damn good. well i plan on being a member here for awhile i thought i would never go away from blackberry but after having the droid x i have a new loce and now after being able to play videos im set. well i will have more questions soon im studing the whole "rooting" thing but not sure if i need to. but thanks agin and thank you to everyone for your fast replys:icon_ banana: