psx4droid on motorola droid...first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

vex321

Reaction score
Just downloaded emu and ran one of my favorite games Gran Turismo 2.

My droid is unrooted and stock CPU.

The game ran fine but the sound was choppy and pretty much unusable.
On screen button didn't work too well but using the actualy droid keys worked out better.

I am putting about 5 more games into my droid right now so will update soon.

OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score
does the game in slowmo? normal speed?

Video wise its not in slow mo at all.
So I can see myself playing fine without any sounds...
its just the sound and the on screen keyboard that's pretty buggy.

It could just be the rom so I am testing other roms right now..will udpate

OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score
well tried out a bunch of games

metal gear solid

bushido blade

gran turismo 2

final fantasy 7..

it looks like its pretty laggy video wise ( I take my last comment back ) and sound was unbearable on all the games I tested...

I am going to get a refund for my and see if other users have any sucess with droid

dbuglio

Reaction score
I would like to hear more experiances with this emu from those with a overclocked (800mhz seems to be the sweet spot) as well as a 2.2 rom

OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score
I would like to hear more experiances with this emu from those with a overclocked (800mhz seems to be the sweet spot) as well as a 2.2 rom

Yah looking foward to oc'ed users experience..
I might finally have a reason to oc and root.

p.s. someone over at the other thread didnt seem to have much sucess with a Dinc....so I kinda losing hope now

moot

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to root. I just picked up a game gripper for this, as well.

OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to root. I just picked up a game gripper for this, as well.

U might want to wait till some rooted//oc'ed users post their impression.

If someone with a Dinc had trouble, I doubt oc'ed droid would do better than a dinc

dbuglio

Reaction score
Dinc's from my knowledge do not have a separate GPU like the moto droid does.

Moto droids architecture (cpu capable of OC to1250mhz + seperate GPU) > 1ghz snapdragon by far.

moot

Reaction score

U might want to wait till some rooted//oc'ed users post their impression.

If someone with a Dinc had trouble, I doubt oc'ed droid would do better than a dinc

Would 2.2 help with with choppiness/performance issues people are having? I'm considering reading up on how to root and going with the cyanogen rom.

Varking

Reaction score
I am running Android 2.2 and have it overclocked to 1.25ghz so I will report back once I download two games I want to play and push them to my phone if somebody else doesn't do it first.

OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score
I am running Android 2.2 and have it overclocked to 1.25ghz so I will report back once I download two games I want to play and push them to my phone if somebody else doesn't do it first.

U need to do it right now!! this moment!!! lol

I cant wait for your report....will be the first time considering root if it plays fine

moot

Reaction score

Nice, anxiously waiting to hear back from you! Also, would you mind reporting what you have your refresh rate set to, as well?

Last edited:
OP
vex321

vex321

Reaction score

Nice, anxiously waiting to hear back from you! Also, would you mind reporting what you have your refresh rate set to, as well?

during my lagfest, I tried 30 refresh ( recommended ) and tried 40 as well.
Didnt make any difference whatsoever.

Perhaps oced droid would have a different result

Status
Not open for further replies.