SuperGNES

td854

Reaction score
So I've been using SNESoid Lite for a while, couldn't decide whether I wanted to purchase it... the choppy sound and poor performance in a good number of games was really turning me off (I don't play without sound so sound off speed is pointless to me.) I decided since there was no free/lite/demo version of SuperGNES that I'd go ahead and buy it and see what happens.

Boy was I surprised. The interface is great, the speed and sound is very good, from my personal findings there has been no sound crackling or breaking up, which was a big annoyance in SNESoid, even games like Super Mario RPG run quite well with sound on.

After messing around with it for the good half of the day after buying it I started actually playing a game (zelda) and noticed that after I got inside the castle courtyard and got hit a couple times by the guards, the game closed back to the rom selector and I was all like wtf? So I tried again, same thing happened and I stopped playing that game for then with a glint of disappointment. Went to play another game (Der Langrisser + Eng Translation) started off great, ran great, got into the first battle, got nearly halfway through, initiated a battle and boom, closed back to the rom selector page.

At this point I was like ok... maybe I should get a refund, but instead decided to ask the dev. I e-mailed the dev and told him what was going on, he promptly (within like an hour or so) e-mailed me back asking me my phone model and when exactly these "crashes" (not FC) were occuring. I e-mailed him back and to my surprise about 1-3 hours later he e-mailed me back saying he found the problem and fixed it and to go ahead and update to the latest problem, so I did, voila problem solved. At this point I'm like wow, awesome, that's what I call support and I read my e-mail closer and he adds that he would be refunding my purchase for helping him find the bug, how cool is that?

Needless to say I am very impressed and look forward to seeing how this snes emu improves over time, it's fairly new and it seems to be doing very well, works great with game gripper also.

ClausG76

Reaction score
So is SuperGnes running faster than snesoid. Have you tried super Mario world 2. There should be some extra graphics, that are harder to emulate.

OP
td854

td854

Reaction score
Super Mario World 2 doesn't run, there is a compatibility list on their site, it's one of the few games that don't run. Like I said it seems fairly new so I'm sure they're working on their compatibility issues.

and by doesn't run I mean like doesn't even load

death2monkey

Reaction score
I was having that same problem then got the update and so thanks to you it now runs awesome and I play snes games on my Droid while my iphone friend watches with pure envy!

ClausG76

Reaction score
There is a snes emulator for the iphone. I have seen a video of that

Jett

Reaction score
hmm...

i really can't make up my mind. snesoid appears to run anything i throw at it smoothly, the only turn off being that i can't save games in the lite version. i was about the buy the full but noticed SuperGNES and now i'm a bit iffy about which one to buy.

i suppose i'll throw $4 at SuperGNES and just see how well it works. i came on here to ask opinions but it seems that everyone says that SuperGNES works quite well.

edit: works very nicely. i'm a bit jealous that the developer has sold "1000 to 5000" copies at $4 a pop, though. really turns me onto getting more into development for the droid, as i have a lot of experience + went to school for software engineering.

Last edited: