psx4droid on motorola droid...first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

faptychy

Reaction score
on my milestone overclocked to 900MHz and JIT enabled FF7 works great. some little bugs appears but i am happy enough. thanks Zod !

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
FFVII plays great on my 2.2 overclocked droid to 1000ghz.

I will second this. Played FFVII perfectly on BB v0.4 Froyo OC @ 1.0GHz on MotoDroid. Only had a slight issue with sound being delayed but it wasn't awful or persistent. Only happened occasionally.

(Also how did you OC to 1000 ghz :p)

Totally worth the 6 bucks. Loving it already. DROID DOES!!!

Last edited:

shiyou

Reaction score
milestone on stock 2.1 rom, jit compiler enabled, overclocked to 800 mhz

resident evil 2, runs good but will get laggy when theres lots of effects/zombies on screen

Mailerdaimon

Reaction score
milestone 2.1 stock

gran turismo laggs like hell

crach bandicote is slow but playable

Last edited:

SEGA

Reaction score
Moto Droid 2.1

My Ratings:
Amazing = Original Game Quality
Great = For a Rom, Good Playback/Sound
OK = For a Rom, Good Playback but Sound Sucks
Bad = Playback Sucks, and Sound Sucks
Unplayable = Enough Said

Games
:
Casper = Great
Myst = Unplayable
Doom = Amazing opening until the loading screen starts, then Unplayable
Resident Evil: Directors Cut = Ok

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
After playing around with the emu for a while, it occurred to me that I have never used an emulator past the SNES, so I have a question...do emulators handle disc swapping at all? Only game I have picked up so far is FFVII which is 3 discs. Hoping its playable all the way through....

validoption

Reaction score
After playing around with the emu for a while, it occurred to me that I have never used an emulator past the SNES, so I have a question...do emulators handle disc swapping at all? Only game I have picked up so far is FFVII which is 3 discs. Hoping its playable all the way through....

Good question; I was wondering the same thing.

Sent from my Droid

Varking

Reaction score
Usually when a game required a disc change, such as FF7, it allowed you to save just before you have to switch. So just make sure you save, and then load the second disc into the emulator.

aayoo

Reaction score
Usually when a game required a disc change, such as FF7, it allowed you to save just before you have to switch. So just make sure you save, and then load the second disc into the emulator.

correct. just make sure to do a true "in-game save", not the psx4droid save option. When the second or third disc is loaded it will pick up the in-game save state like a console would.

Sayno

Reaction score
I tried a few different roms, I am on kang 4.0.7 right now, all have the same issue.

My sound is accelerated it seems. The only game I have tried is FF7, but the music seems to be at double pace.

Any ideas?

Moto droid @ 1.2ghz

drpaul07

Reaction score
I have a stock Moto droid 2.1

Resident Evil 2 is a little slow, and slows down more when there are zombies on the screen, sound is kind of crackly, but its definitely playable

Crash bandicoot is playable too but a little slow

Parappa the Rapper is waaaay slow, pretty much unplayable

Would rooting and overclocking to 1GHz make that much of a difference? It sounds like people with OCed Droids still have similar problems that I have

Mawnee

Reaction score
I tried FF7, FF8, FF tactics and GT2 on stock 2.1. All had some sound choppiness. GT2 was really bad.

I overclocked to 1Ghz. All the FF games run fine now. GT2 still has a little sound choppiness but its not too bad now. I need to find a solid 1.1Ghz kernel, I think that will be the sweet spot for GT2.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha parappa the rapper, that takes me back.... too bad it's "unplayable"

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey Mawnee, would you mind posting what site hosted your working copy (or a link to the rom download page itself) of the GT2? I tried 3-4 but they don't work for me = \. Thanks

Mawnee

Reaction score
I think I got it from EMUparadise. I've only run the simulation disc so far. It was named Gran "Turismo 2 - Simulation [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94488].img"

Status
Not open for further replies.