PSX4DROID Game Compatibility List

trev186

Reaction score
i connected the phone up to the pc with usb cable, went through the files and still nothing. i know they exist but they just won't appear. the files are all saved on the internal sd card the galaxy has. would unmounting this do anything? also how the hell do you change the cpu settings for phone speed?

Try moving the app to SD and see if it works if your phone is 2.2 you can do that.

Uktar

Reaction score
ah well, havnt got 2.2, update isnt until end of month. I only have the phones internal sd card at the mo and dont have another sd card so cant do that either. bit stumped at the mo. It's just a bit weird that i can find the sso files but not memory card saved files.

nickelocene

Reaction score
No the saves states are not transferable. They are emulator specific.

I am on disc 4 of FF9 now and I can tell you all of the places it will skip and require PC emulator

Disc 1: Dali airship
Disc 2: Entering Clerya (depends on version of ROM) I had one which said published by SquareEnix and it worked as opposed to the one which said Squaresoft

Disc 3: The last half of the Alexander Bahamut battle. Save in Treno before card tourney cause u cannot save for awhile after that

Disc 3: At the very end in Terra when you defeat Garland it will freeze again.

So Far disc 4 seems ok but i imagine the ending will freeze...

Too bad those saves are emulator specific. I wish someone could come up a converter or something.

Thanks for the heads up on the freeze.

nickelocene

Reaction score
the problem is that the memory cards dont even exist according to my pc. I cant find them even when exploring the phone. its really odd. in my folder i have, roms file and the csph.bin file. then in the roms file i have the three FF7 discs with the files mentioned above. no mem files at all.

Just as Trev186 said, the memory card files are in the folder named ".psx4droid". They are mcd001.mcr and mcd002.mcr. They are not in your rom folder.
Check your Windows explorer's "folder option" and choose to show "hidden file and folder". Maybe that will help. If not, you can download OI file manager on the Market. OI file manager will show the folder with a . in front of the name. And then copy and paste the mcr files to the base of your SD. Your PC should see them now. Don't forget to copy them back to the .psx4droid folder after you done with them though.

trev186

Reaction score
No the saves states are not transferable. They are emulator specific.

I am on disc 4 of FF9 now and I can tell you all of the places it will skip and require PC emulator

Disc 1: Dali airship
Disc 2: Entering Clerya (depends on version of ROM) I had one which said published by SquareEnix and it worked as opposed to the one which said Squaresoft

Disc 3: The last half of the Alexander Bahamut battle. Save in Treno before card tourney cause u cannot save for awhile after that

Disc 3: At the very end in Terra when you defeat Garland it will freeze again.

So Far disc 4 seems ok but i imagine the ending will freeze...

Too bad those saves are emulator specific. I wish someone could come up a converter or something.

Thanks for the heads up on the freeze.

So i finished FF9 on the phone. Disc 4 Memoria freezes after first boss in a room which shows a flash back of Bahamut vs alexnader. After that you can play the rest until the ending which freezes when the roots of the LIFA tree come at you. I just watched the full ending on You tube to satisfy my needs.

trev186

Reaction score
I tested all the games I have on my phone with 1.3 of PSX4droid here is what I found. (N1 running 2.2 using Eboot versions)

Following games improved or fixed issues
FF8 The garden moves now !
FF7 the Submarine moves now!
Xenogears no weird texture collision

Following games are broken now:
Fear Effect 1 and 2 will not load
Breath of fire 3 and 4 both crash when starting a new game now
Hot Shots Golf is playable but weird textures are in your view so you cannot see
FF9 is completely broken cant be in battles or CG sequences
Silent Hill crashes upon starting a new game
RE2 does not work any more but both RE1 and Re3 are fine

I have kept a .apk version of 1.1 so I can hop between his newest version and the old one. Really 1.1 is still better than 1.3 in the speed department for most games so I would recommend only using 1.3 to play one of the games that if fixed (only 3 I can find so far)

He is working on 1.4 so hopefully this will resolve more issues. If someone would like to help me out I plan to test the following games when I get home:
All of these games did not work previously and I am curious if they will in the new version:

Metal Gear Solid
Tekken 3 (was too slow before)
Parasite Eve 2
Tomb Raider 1 and 2
Front Mission 3
Rayman 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto
Valkryie Profile
Metal Slug X

UNC

Reaction score
Dreamcast and Saturn to android Petition

Sign this petition if you would like to see android have a Sega Dreamcast and Sega Saturn emulator

You do realize that the Sega Saturn is STILL not properly emulated even on PCs right?? The Dreamcast is also highly unlikely, and far too powerful for any phone to emulate...

I just want SCUMMvm updated for 2.2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Strifer116

Reaction score

Sign this petition if you would like to see android have a Sega Dreamcast and Sega Saturn emulator

You do realize that the Sega Saturn is STILL not properly emulated even on PCs right?? The Dreamcast is also highly unlikely, and far too powerful for any phone to emulate...

You can get Scummvm for 2.2 at this site : Android Games Development - Home page should come out soon as well

The Saturn emulator runs quite well. I have been using one for awhile

If someone can use it on their PSP then why cant we use it on our phones

Check this site out this Saturn emulator runs amazingly Yabause - Sega Saturn Emulator

Dreamcast maybe not right now but this time next year our phones will have enough processing power (1.2-2.0 ghz). some phones over clocked already get to 1.5 ghz.

the Open Pandora runs a Dreamcast on 800 mhz processor.

The bigger problem is the PSP and Open Pandora homebrew community are largely not involved in Android. We need to get their attention !

Sign the petition:D

UNC

Reaction score

You can get Scummvm for 2.2 at this site : Android Games Development - Home page should come out soon as well

The Saturn emulator runs quite well. I have been using one for awhile

If someone can use it on their PSP then why cant we use it on our phones

Check this site out this Saturn emulator runs amazingly Yabause - Sega Saturn Emulator

Dreamcast maybe not right now but this time next year our phones will have enough processing power (1.2-2.0 ghz). some phones over clocked already get to 1.5 ghz.

the Open Pandora runs a Dreamcast on 800 mhz processor.

The bigger problem is the PSP and Open Pandora homebrew community are largely not involved in Android. We need to get their attention !

Sign the petition:D

I consider a petition to be spam especially one with such impossible goals. Sorry.

SLAG13

Reaction score
I'm running PSX4Droid on an original, unmodified Droid with 2.2

Here are some games that work quite well that I have not seen on many compatability lists:

WarCraft II
Air Combat
Ace Combat 2
Gran Turismo

pinballwizard

Reaction score
I am currently downloading metal gear solid, so will have some feed back on that soon. also don't know if any of you have heard of it because it was banned in america for being to explicit (violent not sexual) for past society but today would definitely be accepted (is that a good or bad thing?).It's called thrill kill and was considered the greatest ps1 game ( yes even before metal gear solid) by very many, and is definitely in my opinion the greatest fighting game ever, also when ever zodttd implements multiplayer it is 4 player so this should make for some great fun.

SLAG13

Reaction score
I've only gotten MGS VR Missions to work, and even then, only a few of the missions work. Let us know if you're able to get any of those to work.

pinballwizard

Reaction score
MGS did not work... i got it to the main menu then started new game but as soon as i did went back out of the emulation, really frustrating one of best ps1 games, so dissapointed...