Protectives covers....

richie1378

Reaction score
Has anyone bought/used the rubber silicone cases yet? I just noticed how the camera lens is not really deep enough to avoid scratches when the phone is placed on it's back.

unkut

Reaction score
Has anyone bought/used the rubber silicone cases yet? I just noticed how the camera lens is not really deep enough to avoid scratches when the phone is placed on it's back.

I have the body glove case and its GREAT!!! Protects the phone perfectly, and I added the screen protectors of course!

Zippster

Reaction score
I also have the body glove and it fits great, only problem is, cant use the media station, car dock without removing it, so they are out for me.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think i'm going to have to get a body glove or something, my battery door keeps falling off, while i want the media station, i'd much rather have a total protective cover.

Zippster

Reaction score
I think i'm going to have to get a body glove or something, my battery door keeps falling off, while i want the media station, i'd much rather have a total protective cover.

That was my thoughts and I returned my media station. :frown: See how it all shakes out over time though with different style cases accessories etc.

jbr13

Reaction score

New2u, I am with you on the dang cover!! I lost mine tonight! Went to shot photos at a Drag strip and when I got in the car to leave its gone. All that noise I didn't even here it fall or nothing. Good news is they only charge $4.99 for a new one, bad is store doesn't have it in stock. Waiting on Fedex.

unkut

Reaction score
I also have the body glove and it fits great, only problem is, cant use the media station, car dock without removing it, so they are out for me.
Yeah I absolutely HATE that! I've yet to install the car dock or open the media station just because of the inconvenience!!! Any idea on a way around this without loosing the safety of the Droid?

smilepak

Reaction score
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61120

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector." -- Motorola Forums Manager

Poley

Reaction score
I'm interested in finding a leather pouch that will hold the Droid w/ body glove on

Zippster

Reaction score

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector." -- Motorola Forums Manager

Great info as I had yet to buy another screen protector after the bad experience with the privacy one form Verizon.

kaorte

Reaction score

Its just the privacy screen protector that has the sensitivity issue, because it is so thick.

The thinner normal screen protectors do not affect the touch sensitivity.

unkut

Reaction score

Its just the privacy screen protector that has the sensitivity issue, because it is so thick.

The thinner normal screen protectors do not affect the touch sensitivity.

I agree! I had the privacy protector and it was a pain in the ass! I've since returned it and exchanged it for the clear ones and they work great!

jbr13

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. Privacy protector was on one of the phones in the store and touchscreen action was bad, but I have no problem with the regular clear one on my Droid.

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I have the thin plastic covers and they work fine. I got one of those plastic snap on cases. I am not sure I am loving it tho. I'd rather have a pouch of some sort but need to find something that fits.

Reaction score

I have the body glove case and its GREAT!!! Protects the phone perfectly, and I added the screen protectors of course!

Does it fit in the car dock and home dock?

Last edited: