seidio innocase II surface issues sctarching phone at all?

mnarcher

Reaction score
I am considering getting a seidio rugged case for my new HTC thunderbolt, but i am concerned about the first part of the case, the innocase II surface. Will or has anyone ever had an issue with the case scratching the phone at all? this is a concern for me. I like how this case looks and works, its only the thickness of a silicon cover but is easier to hold on to the phone with, and i like the protection of the silicon when i need to add the rugged part to it, BUT if there is ANY issues with scratching on the phone, I dont want this case. I cant wait around for otterbox to get things together. thats ridiculous. I have the phone now and need the protection now.

I dont even want to order anything at all, I want to be able to go to a store and get the case/cover and have it now, because I need to be handle and look at what I am buying right there before I will spend money on it.

What do you all recommend for this phone?

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I am considering getting a seidio rugged case for my new HTC thunderbolt, but i am concerned about the first part of the case, the innocase II surface. Will or has anyone ever had an issue with the case scratching the phone at all? this is a concern for me. I like how this case looks and works, its only the thickness of a silicon cover but is easier to hold on to the phone with, and i like the protection of the silicon when i need to add the rugged part to it, BUT if there is ANY issues with scratching on the phone, I dont want this case. I cant wait around for otterbox to get things together. thats ridiculous. I have the phone now and need the protection now.

I dont even want to order anything at all, I want to be able to go to a store and get the case/cover and have it now, because I need to be handle and look at what I am buying right there before I will spend money on it.

What do you all recommend for this phone?

I have the rugged case for the Droid X, and in the past, innocase for past phones like the Blackberry Curve. I don't have the Thunderbolt but I've never had an issue with Seidio's surface cases. All of them fit my phones perfectly, phone does not rattle inside, and no scratches caused by the case itself.

armyman22

Reaction score
I have this exact case your talking about (the seidio rugged case) so far I love it. Best Buy actually carries it however it is rebranded with the name "Platinum". If you look on the bottom of the packaging it comes in it actually has seidio's name on it and something about the cooperation of best buy...yada yada... Anyway I have taken my TBolt out a few times to clean it and what not as I'm very anal about that and so far it hasn't scratched it. I was concerned about that as well when I got it as it is a snug fit. So far no issues though. The rugged part of the case seems very comparible to that of an otterbox. The ONLY complaint I have is that the belt clip is not nearly as heavy duty as what otterbox makes. Still the best case out for the TBolt as of right now IMO.

OP
M

mnarcher

Reaction score
I got the best buy version of it, and while it seems to add a LOT of protection for the phone, its ENORMOUS. almost too big to use it comfortably, which is unfortunate. I have had it for three days and I am thinking of just returning it and just using the high gloss gel cover that I got from the store when i got the phone.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I had this happen on both my droid 1 and my droid 2. Needless to say I now don't use a case at all and I just treat my phone like the $600 gadget it is.

OP
M

mnarcher

Reaction score
I had this happen on both my droid 1 and my droid 2. Needless to say I now don't use a case at all and I just treat my phone like the $600 gadget it is.

every cover i put on a droid put marks on the upper edge. I am positive it was from debris getting between the cover and the edge of the phone where you push it up to expose the keyboard. i had the droid1, droid2, and droid2 global and it happened to all of them. hopefully these non-slide phones are different.

I wish otterbox would get it in gear with a comuter for this phone. that would be perfect.

OP
M

mnarcher

Reaction score
has anyone else had experience with these covers?