Protectives covers....

Zippster

Reaction score

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I have the Body Glove case and it is a great case. But I am returning mine because it is entirely to hard to get off when Im wanting to use the dock, which is every night. I have the Invisible Shield screen protector and it works fine as far as touch sensitivity goes.

Im not sure what case Im going to look for but I want one that is easy to remove. Right now Im using an old verizon side pouch that I had for an old HTC phone.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I also bought the Verizon Droid branded screen protectors (with Droid logo I might add) from the Verizon Store. The Verizon Employee installed it for me perfectly bubble free. I also bought the Verizon Droid Branded Black Silicon Case. It was a very nice protective case and clinged to your hand well. I highly recommend it if you aren't going to be using the multimedia station or the car dock. Of course they won't work with it on. I felt like it seemed like a tight fit with the silicon case, and didn't want to mess around with taking it off all the time. Although, you might want to try putting it on and taking it off yourself at the Verizon Store to see how it is. I ended up trading it in for the Verizon Droid Branded clear plastic snap on case. I really like the looks of the case, it makes your Droid look like quality (to me). I though, am wondering if the screen protector and plastic case together can add to lag in scrolling. I haven't compared it with a naked screen, because I wanted the protection from the beginning. Of course you can't use the plastic snap on case with the multimedia station or the car dock. Although, I think removing the plastic case is a little more straight forward and is not too bad. I still may go just for the Verizon Droid branded leather pouch and screen protector, not sure. Finding a looser fitting sillicon case with a simpler snap on mechanism may be another option.

The Verizon Store was also selling a Verizon Droid Branded leather pouch that I tried out. I liked it pretty good.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
@bamfsig45

You were able to pick up an official Invisible Shield for the Droid on the day of the launch? I know that they were possibly supposed to be shipping to Best Buy Stores to be available on launch day.. Where did you pick it up at? Best Buy? Did they install it for you? How did the install go? Did you notice a difference tracking with and with out it?

Of course you could probably drop your phone several times and not get any sign of wear from the full shield on can't you? The damage taking place internally could be different. I sort of like the hard plastic clear snap on case. Even know it doesn't protect like the Silicon case, I bet if it took a good drop, a lot of impact would be on the plastic case, until it breaks. Then you replace it. Since its plastic though, who knows what would happen if it took a good drop. Of course would prefer the silicon case if it were not for the multimedia station and the car dock.

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
@bamfsig45

You were able to pick up an official Invisible Shield for the Droid on the day of the launch? I know that they were possibly supposed to be shipping to Best Buy Stores. Where did you pick it up at? Best Buy? Did they install it for you? How did the install go? Did you notice a difference tracking with and with out it?

I did get the Invisible Shield at bestbuy last friday. They installed it for me and actually the first time they didnt do it right so I had them re-do it and they used a new one and re-applied it perfectly. It hasnt affected my scrolling at all.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I also bought the Verizon Droid branded screen protectors (with Droid logo I might add) from the Verizon Store. The Verizon Employee installed it for me perfectly bubble free. I also bought the Verizon Droid Branded Black Silicon Case. It was a very nice protective case and clinged to your hand well. I highly recommend it if you aren't going to be using the multimedia station or the car dock. Of course they won't work with it on. I felt like it seemed like a tight fit with the silicon case, and didn't want to mess around with taking it off all the time. Although, you might want to try putting it on and taking it off yourself at the Verizon Store to see how it is. I ended up trading it in for the Verizon Droid Branded clear plastic snap on case. I really like the looks of the case, it makes your Droid look like quality (to me). I though, am wondering if the screen protector and plastic case together can add to lag in scrolling. I haven't compared it with a naked screen, because I wanted the protection from the beginning. Of course you can't use the plastic snap on case with the multimedia station or the car dock. Although, I think removing the plastic case is a little more straight forward and is not too bad. I still may go just for the Verizon Droid branded leather pouch and screen protector, not sure. Finding a looser fitting sillicon case with a simpler snap on mechanism may be another option.

The Verizon Store was also selling a Verizon Droid Branded leather pouch that I tried out. I liked it pretty good.

That is what I want, as long as its half as easy to remove as the Body Glove case then Im happy. Did you notice that it would pick up lint if you put it in your pocket?

Attackcenter

Reaction score
When you said they didn't do it right, describe what it looked like, so I will know if I go and have them do it?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
When you said they didn't do it right, describe what it looked like, so I will know if I go and have them do it?

Well its a tight fit and if they dont put it on perfectly then the edges in a few places wont stay down. When they put mine on the 2nd time there were absolutely no air bubbles, only thing I noticed was 1 tiny spec of dust and its only noticeable on a white screen.

rlb

Reaction score

Well its a tight fit and if they dont put it on perfectly then the edges in a few places wont stay down. When they put mine on the 2nd time there were absolutely no air bubbles, only thing I noticed was 1 tiny spec of dust and its only noticeable on a white screen.

This has the potential to scratch the glass over time. I'm on my 3rd protector (no dust underneath, but the upper left corner is raised just a hair, which I'll take over dust under the film some place else) because I kept getting dust underneath. I finally installed one fairly well.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
@bamfsig45

So far I am not noticing that it's picking up any noticeable lint from my pocket. I just use my micro fiber, wipe the prints off, and looking good.

Riddlin

Reaction score
Screen Protector Is HORRIBLE! Dont use one. You cant click and move around easy with that big ugly thing on there.

mserrano

Reaction score
body glove / silicon case can catch on keyboard

I bought the case and found that upon sliding out the keyboard something would sometimes catch. It started peeling up the sticker on my delete key. Given that and the non-dockability, I'm not going to use it.

krayneeum

Reaction score
I had bad luck with the body glove case that they sold and installed for me at Verizon. It seemed like a "tight" fit when sliding the keyboard in and out, but I didn't think too much of it. After a few weeks, I flipped the keyboard over and noticed that the clear plastic had started tearing and was catching slightly on one of the tabs on the side of the case.

I ordered the new combo case/holster from Seidio Online and I like the case so far. It's a lot thinner than the other ones I've seen or tried and it comes with a custom fit holster for the case. It still won't allow use of the Media Dock and Car Mount with the cover on, though. That's a bummer.