Pretty important since i am on the fence.

carbonnoid

Reaction score
I love my droid, but lets be clear, a Hulu and Netflix app for the Ipad and a 50 minute commute into and out of the City, makes the Ipad a very cool thing for me. Plus the effects of using it with clients to show off PDF's of fact sheets of funds. So my quesiton is, what is the odd's of being able to use our driod to hook up to the Ipad's wifi and connect to the future Hulu app and netflix app?

shmoo

Reaction score
It doesn't sound out of the realm of possibilities. You can connect an ipod touch to the net thru the droid.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
On Wednesday, my wife and I drove from Central PA to Charlotte NC. When she was driving, I had my Droid connected to my MacBook Pro. I was responding to email and DroidForum (please don't tell my wife, she thinks I spend way too much time on this site). So, my sense is you will be able to connect to a iPad. Go to an Apple store tomorrow and give it a go.

Mike

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your Droid will be able to use Hulu when Flash is released sometime this spring/summer -guessing- (it was supposed to be by the end of Q1) No app needed.

iPirate

Reaction score
Trying to find a reason...

It should work if laptops work the anything with wifi should work

clucernoni

Reaction score
I think he is asking if he can tether to the droid's connection.

If you are rooted, then absolutely. Most ROMs come with wireless tethering that any Wifi enabled device can recognize and connect to. Although, as mentioned above, you will be able to view hulu once we get flash in a month or so.

For me, the iPad does nothing that my phone can't do, and easily fits into my pocket...no brainer there.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are rooted, then absolutely. Most ROMs come with wireless tethering that any Wifi enabled device can recognize and connect to. Although, as mentioned above, you will be able to view hulu once we get flash in a month or so.

Agree! Not sure if PdaNet would work if unroted.

Mike

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i have pdanet on my droid, but you gotta hook it up to yoru laptop or pc via a cable.. i dont think the ipad has a usb port.. can you do wireless wifi tether or make the droid an access point ?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

For me, the iPad does nothing that my phone can't do, and easily fits into my pocket...no brainer there.

And it is such an impressive display device for clients. Not. (See OP's requirements.)

OP
C

carbonnoid

Reaction score
Let me clarify, I have a rooted droid with BB 09. I will not pull out my phone to show off a PDF or watch tv on, the Ipad is nice and big, and I enjoy that, as well with the PDFs, it will look good. I am just wondering if it will work. I will do exactly that, try to tether it at the store.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could you clarify whether your intent is to tether the iPad to the Droid or vice-versa? To me, it seemed like you were asking if tethering the Droid to the iPad would make Hulu and Netflix possible on the Droid.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
To oversimplify it, he wants to use the Droid as a wireless router (Wireless Tether program for rooted phones) and connect the iPad to it just like you would a normal laptop.

OP, there's no reason why this won't work; the iPad is ESSENTIALLY a netbook minus some features. It probably uses a standard wifi chipset, knowing Apple something Broadcom based just like their Airport cards.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Received this in an email from Apple just before noon today:

Shop Online | Find a Store | 1-800-MY-APPLE

PHOTO would not copy

Learn more about iPad

Wi-Fi + 3G models available in late April.
Some features and applications are not available in all areas. Application availability and pricing are subject to change.
TM and copyright © 2010 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 83-DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.
All Rights Reserved / Keep Informed / Privacy Policy / My Info
If you prefer not to receive commercial email from Apple, or if you've changed your email address, please click here.

junpar

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can do it, it's just a matter of fact of not getting caught by verizon for using massive amounts of bandwidth for those apps.

Reaction score
I tried on an iPod Touch and couldn't get it. Maybe I was doing something wrong or maybe the iPod Touch just can't handle it. idk