iPAD ruins Android's chances if you ask me...

Legalgear

Reaction score
Google got caught with it's pants down again as the iPAD has the latest killer aps like Netflix and Hulu. A port to the iPhone won't be far behind. I've been complaining about the lack of video on Android (youtube sucks) and this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin. Once the iPhone comes to Verizon I will be dumping my Droid. I am sorry, I am disgusted that a company like Google feels that 10 minute youtube videos are cool, when in fact they are annoying and pathetic in 2010.

Without apps like Netflix, Android which is a good OS will be relegated to a very distant second citizen...

To quote boxing to be the champ you've got to BEAT the champ. Android doesn't beat the champ (apple) in the OS game, it might be a little better in some things, but overall Apple wins again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The iphone will not get it. Att's network can't tolerate it. You can do it on a wifi tablet, but not on 3g. But I do agree, we need some hulu netflix love.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
We need Flash NOW, with movie love latter IMO.

CatsTide

Reaction score
i just need get a cool holster so i can carry my ipad on my belt.

jahtv98

Reaction score
Talking about FLASH, when is the Droid getting FLASH? It was supposed to be 1st quater of 2010...what happened?

barryp3403

Reaction score
Just a little patience

Do you really think that Android won't power a decent tablet that overcomes many of the iPad's shortcomings by the autumn lead into the X-mas buying season? Do you really want to live in Steve Job's walled garden where you can't have an app unless Steve Jobs says it's OK? You don't want a removable battery? You want proprietary ports instead of USB? You don't want a camera? An SD card slot?

The iPad is cool and Steve Jobs is a marketing genius but he is also a control freak and I don't want to be at the other end of his leash. I like my Droid and I will like my Android tablet when it is ready. In the mean time I have a netbook for travel and a very nice notebook for home and local use. I can wait.

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you really think that Android won't power a decent tablet that overcomes many of the iPad's shortcomings by the autumn lead into the X-mas buying season? Do you really want to live in Steve Job's walled garden where you can't have an app unless Steve Jobs says it's OK? You don't want a removable battery? You want proprietary ports instead of USB? You don't want a camera? An SD card slot?

The iPad is cool and Steve Jobs is a marketing genius but he is also a control freak and I don't want to be at the other end of his leash. I like my Droid and I will like my Android tablet when it is ready. In the mean time I have a netbook for travel and a very nice notebook for home and local use. I can wait.

Exactly +1

ldimick

Reaction score
Google got caught with it's pants down again as the iPAD has the latest killer aps like Netflix and Hulu. A port to the iPhone won't be far behind. I've been complaining about the lack of video on Android (youtube sucks) and this pretty much puts the nail in the coffin. Once the iPhone comes to Verizon I will be dumping my Droid. I am sorry, I am disgusted that a company like Google feels that 10 minute youtube videos are cool, when in fact they are annoying and pathetic in 2010.

Without apps like Netflix, Android which is a good OS will be relegated to a very distant second citizen...

To quote boxing to be the champ you've got to BEAT the champ. Android doesn't beat the champ (apple) in the OS game, it might be a little better in some things, but overall Apple wins again.

You are so right. How much do you want for that POS Droid? I'll give you .50 and pay the shipping. Maybe a dollar. $5 if you pay the freight.

texasPI

Reaction score
Uh...Netflix decides who it partners with and they developed the app. Users like you ensure apps don't get written for less popular platforms like Android. If/when there is an Android app I'm sure a Netflix app will follow.

Btw, is that so important to you? Its not like the instant play catalog is that great...

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl

i completely agree with this, this would have to be the best thing i would ever use

x0prahWinfr3yx

Reaction score
Google got caught with it's pants down again as the iPAD has the latest killer aps like Netflix and Hulu.

I agree with you that the iPad has some killer apps, I absolutely love mine.

Though I honestly don't think Google is trying to knock Apple out of the game just yet. While it's true that the Android operating system is a very strong contender, it doesn't quite top Apple in a lot of categories; Developer support being one and killer apps, like you mentioned.

Still, you can't blame the Droid phone for the operating system, Motorola Droid:)motdroidhoriz:) and Google Android OS:)greendroid:) are separate from each other.

Ironically, some of the best apps on the iPhone are in fact Google apps (Google Mobile, Maps, Docs, etc)