iPAD ruins Android's chances if you ask me...

J

Johnly

yeah right, what evvv, lol! ipad, how dare u walmart us loyal android users! Wait, if I thought that to be the truth, then I say we are doomed, but the truth is, apple...your iPad has been reduced to being compared with mobile platforms, lol! It is OK, tho, I think the tablet design is actually going to be a hit! Tho it will NEVER ruin it for us MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

sockmess

Reaction score
The iPad sold like crazy NOT because it is such a great product, but because Apple is a marketing genius and has a huge loyal army of Fanboys (and girls) who buy ANYTHING that Apple puts out.

this is the correct answer.
There are tablets that was created 2007 that can multitask run flash and have input device (micro/mini CF cards, memory sticks)

And still why would anyone want a tablet when you can buy a netbook that has a screen on a hinge so you can have the screen facing out so you can look like a douche too?

sockmess

Reaction score
Not to gang up on you, but lets look at the wii and the PS3.
Wii sold millions of units in their first year while the PS3 lagged behind. Does this mean that the Wii is a superior product to the PS3? I love the wii, but i'm not going to say that the wii is at the technological mountain point. It is far inferior to the 360 and PS3.

When you talk about a computer which is at the core a smart phone, tablet, netbook and laptop is and your going on a forum talking about it, We are only impressed with SPECS. That is something the ipad can't even claim to be on top of. If you want to talk about how cute it is and amazing and have people agree, go to some lonely housewives or an apple forum.

Went to the Apple store the day it was released to check it out. Not impressed.
So after all your hot air in this thread you ONLY saw it for the first time today? ROFL

And of course you didn't go into it with an open mind, either.

BTW we aren't talking about the iPhone or Droid this is about the iPad. Which, btw, sold over 600k in just the first week.

chrisnoxid

Reaction score
i know of ppl who are getting the ipad.. they have absolutely no idea what they need it for- they're not even sure of what it can or cannot do, and most have no intention of checking out any other products of the like.

They are buying simply because it is made by apple, and oh yeah- they're "really into tech"

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I met a friend that works at Best Buy today and he told me that they had a huge amount of iPads returned in the last few days and people who tried to return them but changed their minds after finding about the restocking fee . They had more returns than on any other product . I'm curios just how many iPads have been actually returned from the total numbers of sales . It still blows my mind that they sold so many , this proves the theory that fanboys will buy a turd if it's shiny and has an Apple logo .

Last edited:

Yodes

Reaction score
Again, the only reason Id buy this is not gaming, Id buy it for the book reader. From what I read it blows Kindle out of the water, not saying that took much work.

Completely not true if you ask me. I had an iPad and returned it because I hated the ereader and couldn't justify the price for the other features. The ereader is flawed in a few major ways: 1) your looking at a bright LCD screen not e-ink. I tookthe ipad on a business trip and after about 3 hours my eyes werehurting. Never had that problem with a kindle. 2) Random House, the worlds largest book publisher, is absent from the ibook store. Some of the most popular books out there are not available. Big problems if you ask me.

NVash

Reaction score
Really? Im used to reading my iTouch and my Droid, I never had that problem. Then again, the iPad is a much larger screen so it may pose a problem.

Im also reading that the Marvel comic app isnt that good either.