Pres Obama Won't Be Rooting His New Phone Any Time Soon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

As you can imagine things said by the President on a cell phone should remain between the President and the other party. Devices used by the President must be locked down tightly! The phone of choice for our President has been the beloved blackberry. Recently he has adopted Android and the only Android device that is supported by the Defense Information Systems Agency is the Galaxy S4!

In a recent interview with Jimmy Fallon Barry said that his new phone was so locked down it could be compared to a child's toy! It looks like the President won't be rooting his phone any time soon. Sadly he also won't be able to experience new Galaxy phone features like fast charging, wireless charging, heart rate monitor, or superior camera.

He will however be able to make secure calls, and enjoy secure email access while away from the White House.

via ArsTechnica

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How sad that he's stuck with a sub par camera for selfies.
But on a brighter note he can still be talking on it when leaving Marine 1 while simultaneously saluting the Marines that protected his flight.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
I love that Crapple added the ability to remove bloatware
<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
S4, yeah he needs to root that thing. To be stuck on lollipop is a crime in itself. Somebody get that man a real phone; ie Nexus, latest iPhone, or even the latest Samsung phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
S4, yeah he needs to root that thing. To be stuck on lollipop is a crime in itself. Somebody get that man a real phone; ie Nexus, latest iPhone, or even the latest Samsung phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I am surprised he didn't go iPhone. When the iPad 2 came out he was a public message sponsor for Apple making sure it was seen in all his photo ops and publicly touting how great it was. Maybe Apple refusing to go along with the fbi earlier this year played into the decision by those that made it for him? For a while there BlackBerry was about as secure as a Yahoo email address so there's got to be another reason they stuck with that platform so long.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I can relate to him being stuck on an old outdated S4. I work as a civilian on an army base. DISA is painfully slow at approving any new tech. Our computers just got upgraded to Win7 last year. I had to jump through hoops to get Windows Mobile Device Center put on my PC to dock our inventory scanners. The latest thing is they decided to throttle internet connections down to the point we can barely function. They throttled our work sites but continue to let Facebook slip through at normal speed. Who makes these stupid suggestions? LOL

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I Who makes these stupid suggestions? LOL
Those who were appointed as political favors by our elected officials.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
...In a recent interview with Jimmy Fallon Barry said...

thumbsup2.gif