Is That A Galaxy S3 Mr. President?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
trump-phone.jpg

President Donald Trump is holding on to his old unsecured Android phone with a death grip according to reports. Forget all the security risks that could be involved with the President of the USA using an unsecured device. How is a Billionaire choosing to use an antiquated Galaxy S3, and more importantly where is he finding the new batteries to keep this thing alive? The President was given a new secured device with a new number upon taking office, however he seems to be pretty content using his dinosaur phone. Is any of this at all surprising to you. Which phone would you have expected our new President to be using?

via AndroidCentral

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Remember they kept teasing Trump about him having small hands..

Small hands small phone... He couldn't hold am S7 or iP7

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We've still got a couple folks on our sister forum using S3's & perfectly content. Though they have both mentioned upgrading soon. You can still find batteries for it on Amazon.
I can't imagine they'll let him use that device for anything too important, for too much longer.

Not to get political or anything, but the funny story I read about Trump today involved the President of Mexico telling him, I ain't payin for no stinkin wall!
Who didn't see that coming. LOL! Ahh.... interesting times in which we live. :)

S7 Edge tap'n

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
We've still got a couple folks on our sister forum using S3's & perfectly content. Though they have both mentioned upgrading soon. You can still find batteries for it on Amazon.

My girlfriend still has her S3 and does have issues with how long a charge lasts. I even got her one of those replacement batteries from Amazon (it is an OEM Samsung battery) but it still has a reduced charge capacity...the "new" battery was still manufactured back in 2013 when the S3 was still on the market.

But...she doesn't want to upgrade, as much as she complains about it. It probably doesn't help either that she's constantly using it for Facebooking and she has the display staying on for like 10 minutes before it shuts off. I've tried to tell her to change that...

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
My girlfriend still has her S3 and does have issues with how long a charge lasts. I even got her one of those replacement batteries from Amazon (it is an OEM Samsung battery) but it still has a reduced charge capacity...the "new" battery was still manufactured back in 2013 when the S3 was still on the market.

But...she doesn't want to upgrade, as much as she complains about it. It probably doesn't help either that she's constantly using it for Facebooking and she has the display staying on for like 10 minutes before it shuts off. I've tried to tell her to change that...
That's totally a sign man. She doesn't want to upgrade.....she wants YOU to upgrade it for her! lol

Reactions: cr6
Reaction score
How does everyone know that this is a recent picture? This could have been taken years ago and used now due to the story being about the phone he's using.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
How does everyone know that this is a recent picture? This could have been taken years ago and used now due to the story being about the phone he's using.

Google image search, the earliest use of the image was by the NY Times in October 2015.
The picture is one in a series for an article about Trump's Tweet habit, and was taken by Times photographer Josh Haner.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I had an S3, and it was a great phone. I kept it until the LG G3 came out.:p

Reactions: cr6

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i really couldn't care less what he is using to spam twitter, you know that's all he does on his android phone. i'm sure he knows not to discuss anything important on it after the clinton fiasco.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
You don't know if that's all he does with that phone. You know he's definitely receiving calls on it though.
I remember people yelling, "Something... something.. lock somebody up... something..." over and over last year.

I wonder if he was a part of that?