[ROM] [PORT] Eclipse 2.0

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
*228 didn't work for me either. It won't even try to dial.

The bootstrap is leftover from the port. You shouldnt install it using eclipse tools. Just deny it su like you did. I went so far as to find the apk in system/app and deleted it. Theres no need or use for it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You cannot dial *228 on a VZW 4g phone. Doesnt matter which ROM youre on. Everything is handled by the SIM card. For those that have tried it and didnt screw up anything you're lucky! There have been cases that dialing *228 on a 4g phone retired your sim in the VZW system... requiring you to get a new SIM.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

logan5

Reaction score
Bingo! Rom was ported from 4G Bionic... D3 is 3G only... guess you could safestrap boot back into your unsafe system (presumably a D3 based or stock rom), update your roaming capabilities (PRL), and then boot back to the safe system.

Update: Just did the above and was able to dial *228 and update from PRL 52629 to 52644
:)

Last edited:

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol oh... i have got to pay more attention! Lol. D3 *228 away! If it doesnt allow for it on a 3g phone that is a bug.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble convincing the contact list to display Facebook images?

Pretty sure this worked previous to 2.0...

ustewjt

Reaction score
I was able to dial *228 by holding down the zero and insert + sign. So I actually dialed *+228 and was able to activate / update phone.

Loving this rom!

Thanks, Tim

rumble14

Reaction score
Great rom guys. I think I found a small bug. Not sure if it's just me but I can't add Dialer to the Hotseat. I wanted to move it from where it is but whenever I choose it, it shows the picture for contacts but if you click on either contacts or dialer in the Hotseats (which only show the picture for contacts) it says application not installed. So basically I can't move the dialer around the Hotseats in the launcher.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Great rom guys. I think I found a small bug. Not sure if it's just me but I can't add Dialer to the Hotseat. I wanted to move it from where it is but whenever I choose it, it shows the picture for contacts but if you click on either contacts or dialer in the Hotseats (which only show the picture for contacts) it says application not installed. So basically I can't move the dialer around the Hotseats in the launcher.

Thats a known bug with the aosp Launcher2.

krazyace38

Reaction score
why do you need to have .893 build on the phone when .893 is on droid bionic not droid 3

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
why do you need to have .893 build on the phone when .893 is on droid bionic not droid 3

Because it is a Port from the Bionic. Hence [PORT] in the title. ;)

krazyace38

Reaction score
how do I get .893 on my droid 3? . 890 is the only build for droid 3