[ROM] [PORT] Eclipse 2.0

kc6wke

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get usb tethering to work on this one?

CapnGnarly

Reaction score
LOVE this ROM. So far, you're two-for-two, 13. Switched from BioWeapon (which was great) to Eclipse today, and will be flashing my wife's phone from SD3 to Eclipse tomorrow.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
On Steel Droid v3 with Safestrap. Downloading now, gonna Flash tonight and maybe apply that Google Voice + Music Fix, cause I know that was messed up somewhere along the line for me.

I'm still fairly new to Flashing, So I want to comfirm. I should at the very least delete the cache before I flash, right? This won't remove any of my apps will it? Should I remove anything in specific? Sorry for so many questions! ^^;

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did neither. I flashed over an AOSP rom with Safestrap just fine, no problems. I believe you only need to delete cache/data when flashing AOSP roms anyway. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to do it either way.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
I did neither. I flashed over an AOSP rom with Safestrap just fine, no problems. I believe you only need to delete cache/data when flashing AOSP roms anyway. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to do it either way.

Thanks for the fast reply! :D

ssj11mav

Reaction score
Hmm... Flashed with SafeStrap and it seems that the Phone Application is broken. It won't recognize Verizon Wireless. I wonder what I did wrong.

com.android.phone isn't working. I'm assuming this is bad.

Edit: I gave up and just deleted all Userdata. Seems to have fixed everything. if there's a way I can flash without having to do this, could someone please explain how? :>

Last edited:

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm... Flashed with SafeStrap and it seems that the Phone Application is broken. It won't recognize Verizon Wireless. I wonder what I did wrong.

com.android.phone isn't working. I'm assuming this is bad.

Edit: I gave up and just deleted all Userdata. Seems to have fixed everything. if there's a way I can flash without having to do this, could someone please explain how? :>

The only real way to see if it will work is to try (with a backup, of course) :biggrin:

I flashed Eclipse over Maverick just to see, and the only casualty was the gallery, which force closes. I'll either replace the gallery file or wipe and reinstall.

But in general, the rule is if you flash without wiping and it doesn't work, wipe/flash and see if it does.

*update* Extracted the gallery file and replaced the existing one, set permissions, all is good ;-)

Last edited:

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble installing/updating Adobe Flash? I'm getting the package signature error no matter what I try. Uninstalling fails through Ti and I've already tried reflashing after formatting the system, data and cache folders.

I'd really like to keep this as my daily but no Flash is a dealbreaker.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble installing/updating Adobe Flash? I'm getting the package signature error no matter what I try. Uninstalling fails through Ti and I've already tried reflashing after formatting the system, data and cache folders.

Ti fails how? I uninstalled using TI but it still showed as installed. However, after the uninstall, I rebooted and opened Market. Searched for Flash, chose the option for Update and Bam! it worked.

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Reflashed and tried again, finally uninstalling Adobe Flash by tapping rather than holding it in Ti. Guess it uses a different uninstall method.

Google Search is listed in my market apps list as not installed even though it is, but that's no big deal.

The only other issue I've noticed so far is the automatic display brightness option in the power bar doesn't reset the screen to the brightness slider level when turned off - it just leaves it wherever the automatic setting put it. The brightness slider in display settings needs to be moved a tad for it to realize where it should be. Again, not a huge deal and one that may be intentional. With Flash functional after a bit of tinkering this ROM is now my daily setup. Thanks for all the work put into this.

Madvincent

Reaction score
Luv this rom so far its great and I know this is just a port but non of the tweaks work for the D3 just pointing it out I even reset my DROID to see if that would work nothing

Jerminator617

Reaction score
Is there any way to install the original or inverted blur messaging? Because I prefer it over the cm7. I've tried flashing them through cam but when I start up my phone it doesn't have it installed. Just the cm7 like before.

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
Loving this rom so far, one of the best droid 3 roms I've tried. Although it says you removed zumocast. I cant access it but it is still there saying its installed and it wont let me update it saying signature verification failed. It's not a big deal, i don't use it very often but i do use it.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Loving this rom so far, one of the best droid 3 roms I've tried. Although it says you removed zumocast. I cant access it but it is still there saying its installed and it wont let me update it saying signature verification failed. It's not a big deal, i don't use it very often but i do use it.
Easy fix with root explorer. First open it up and go to system/app and remove the file eclipse zumocast. Back out one, go into data/data and remove the matching zumocast file from there too. Then reboot and download from the market.
Sent from my DROID3

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Text speaking

I have been on the ROM for a bit now and have had no issues, it recently started speaking out all my text. What is it I can do to turn this off.