Please Help

cwatkinz

Reaction score
My phone is rooted, I was recently running UD V8 froyo extreme I believe. I went to change roms and go back to Chevy No1 again. Long story short i get an error message on ROM manager when I try to Flash Clockwork mod Recovery or Flash Alternate SPRecovery that reads "An error occured while attempting to run Privileged commands!" Like I said my droid is rooted, through Universal Androot. If I try to Re-root, it won't. If I try to Unroot it won't. Thanks for your Help in Advance.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
cwatkinz

cwatkinz

Reaction score
I installed the Rsd Lite on my computer and went about it that way. Got my phone back to stock and then re-rooted my phone though it as well. Tried to flash sp to cw and so on, but it wouldn't. Thanks agin for your help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are welcome and thanks for providing the solution. It is useful when we help others.

Mike

dataguy

Reaction score
Hi guys - I currently have a Blackberry Curve (I HATE IT). I'm looking to upgrade my Verizon plan with a HTC Rezound. I've read countless reviews and wanted to get your opinions on the phone. I was told not to buy this phone if you are buying it for the sound capability? I listen to music on my phone all the time, especially when working out. What are your opinions with the Beats Headphones that were included. I read that they don't work on any other music platform other than that of the stock player on the phone. Do they sound like crap when used with Pandora or Slacker? If you could, tell me what you love most about the phone too. I appreciate all the help. Just an FYI - amazonwireless.com is selling it as an upgrade for $149 right now. Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - I currently have a Blackberry Curve (I HATE IT). I'm looking to upgrade my Verizon plan with a HTC Rezound. I've read countless reviews and wanted to get your opinions on the phone. I was told not to buy this phone if you are buying it for the sound capability? I listen to music on my phone all the time, especially when working out. What are your opinions with the Beats Headphones that were included. I read that they don't work on any other music platform other than that of the stock player on the phone. Do they sound like crap when used with Pandora or Slacker? If you could, tell me what you love most about the phone too. I appreciate all the help. Just an FYI - amazonwireless.com is selling it as an upgrade for $149 right now. Thanks

Someone lied to you about the headphones. These are $99 headphones. They will work with anything and sound like $99 headphones. Beats(the DSP) is currently only integrated into the stock music application however you can achieve the same function with DSP manager for everything else. The Rezound is on paper the second best Android phone on Verizon currently however in hand it is arguably the best. Keep these few things in mind;
1) Removable/replaceable SD Card
2) Removable/replaceable battery
3) Best screen on the market
4) Beats Audio + $99 beats earbuds
5) One of if not the best 4G connectivity on Verizon
6) And this is fairly subjective: Sense UI

Of course there are drawbacks but you asked for the pluses.

cp24eva

Reaction score
+1 to what MrSmith said. There are other positives with this phone that aren't mentioned and don't come to mind until you use the phone and notice how nice it is. Things you wont get with this phone:

ICS 4.0
Ultra thin, light, plastic feel (some people like it, others don't)
A slim looking extended battery (some people like it, others don't)
TI OMAP processor (some people are cool with the Rezound Snapdragon, I am)
customizable LED notification lights
Motocast

And there are probably other small things.

But if you get a device that works and doesn't run hot and out of battery in 4 hours like others then you will have a solid device

Solid sounds from Beats or without beats audio. Sound is decent regardless
Good call quality
Loud ringtones / notifications
smooth flowing apps
A camera that opens very quickly and take great pics
A sturdy built phone that doesn't feel cheap. Has more weight than others, but fits so ergonomically in your hand.
Great screen (although in bright outside light can be a bit hard to see, but is fixed by turning up the brightness
Oh and you can activate speaker phone by simple turn your phone upsidedown on a flat surface. And the speaker phone is loud.
And you get Sense UI 3.5 (Some people like it and some people don't, but you can download other cooler UI)
The reception on the phone is great. It holds signals inside building that some other phones wont. I've had many phones in the past few months. This is my last stop.

There is alot to be excited about with this phone. to my knowledge it has the least bit of bugs too. Check the other forums (which I'm sure you did right?) Look at their problems. I'm not saying The Rezound doesn't have any issues. It has a few spread out issues that seem to be hit or miss with the device. usually remedied by simply telling verizon to get you a new phone. Not sure what else I am missing, but ask away and our wonderful community will be happy to help.

bozidar0

Reaction score
I love using my Rezound for working out, except the beats headphones fall out of my ears when I'm running. The beats earphones work with other programs, just the equalizer in the phone (Beats Audio) doesn't work with other programs. The headphones still sound great with other programs not being able to use Beats Audio. This phone is miles away from the Blackberrys (in a good way). You will not be disappointed.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I love using my Rezound for working out, except the beats headphones fall out of my ears when I'm running. The beats earphones work with other programs, just the equalizer in the phone (Beats Audio) doesn't work with other programs. The headphones still sound great with other programs not being able to use Beats Audio. This phone is miles away from the Blackberrys (in a good way). You will not be disappointed.

Dont say the headphones are awesome because there are people lurking the forums that will Damn near lynch you for having an opinion about the earbuds you like. Lol. I'm not one of them. For stock buds that are free they are pretty Damn good. Way better than iPod buds.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

drtnsnw

Reaction score
What everyone else said!! If you listen to music you will love this phone!! My last phone was a Droid Incredible and it was a good phone. Used it to stream music through a bluetooth helmet audio system on my MC. This one pts much better sound volume and quality through the headphones I have as well as through the BT. The beats work with ANYTHING plugged into the headphone jack as long as you use the HTC audio player which is a good app and what I have always used anyway.

Chris

bozidar0

Reaction score
Dont say the headphones are awesome because there are people lurking the forums that will Damn near lynch you for having an opinion about the earbuds you like. Lol. I'm not one of them. For stock buds that are free they are pretty Damn good. Way better than iPod buds.

What do I care what everyone else thinks?

I bought a Rezound, and not a Galaxy Nexus, duh!

cp24eva

Reaction score
What do I care what everyone else thinks?

I bought a Rezound, and not a Galaxy Nexus, duh!

I know. But there are even some rezound owners that might burn you at the stake for liking beats by dre anything. Lol.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I was told not to buy this phone if you are buying it for the sound capability?
LOL! There is no other phone I can think of (Android or not) that has better sound. The Rezound is great in that regard. I would say it is actually a selling point.

They might be talking about the loudspeaker. The speaker could be better, but it isnt awful.

What are your opinions with the Beats Headphones that were included.
They are great. Very high quality, but not the highest quality. They retail for $120, and people do pay $120 for them...so there you go. The ones I had before were $40 and I thought they were great as well.

The "Beats Audio' is basically a gimmick IMO. It is just a set of EQ settings. It does sound very good, but careful EQ tweaking could probably get the same results. That being said, this sounds awesome on my car stereo and with the headphones.

I read that they don't work on any other music platform other than that of the stock player on the phone.
Not YET. But this is something that is going to be on high end HTC phones going forward...the Rezound just got it first. So you will see 3rd party app makers support it eventually.

Do they sound like crap when used with Pandora or Slacker?
No, they just sound like normal headphones. Well, like really good normal headphones.

If you could, tell me what you love most about the phone too.
The display is awesome. Super AMOLED displays have deeper blacks, but this has better color reproduction than anything else out right now, and it has a better pixel density than the iPhone....and that is a big deal. Gradients look perfect on this display. The commercials pimp the "Beats audio" as the selling point, but the real star of this show is the display.

I have noticed that the GPS on this phone is better than on any other phone I have used before. It locks my location immediately when I open google maps.

This phone has the best Camera of any phone I have used or seen so far, with the possible exception of the iPhone 4S. It has the best front-facing camera of any phone too (2MP).

The processor on this phone is fast...it is very snappy. I am not used to apps loading so fast. The 4G + this processor makes for a very "quick" experience which I am loving. I have been told that the Sense UI bogs it down some. I wouldnt know since one of the first things I did after buying it was install LaunherPro.

[video=youtube;48Mj98EKaIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Mj98EKaIA[/video]

I like that this is a conventional Android phone. It has a removable battery (unlike the Razr) and has SD expansion (unlike the Galaxy Nexus).