Rooted but not rooted?

drt054

Reaction score
Bought a used Motorola Droid. Upon arrival works great, looks great. I discover it already has Superuser Permissions installed. I download setCPU and Rom Manager and download a P3Droid 1.25 ghz overclock. It worked great, got wifi tethering and Adobe Flash 10.1 installed. THEN discovered I couldn't update Google Maps from the Android Market. I attempted a recovery ROM temporarily and now I can't go back. Universal Androot says my phone is currently rooted but I open SetCPU says I don't have root access, and when I attempt to do anything in ROM Manager an error comes up and says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands". I checked superuser permissions and nothing is there and when I install these programs it never comes up asking for root access. I also cannot uninstall Superuser permissions. Can anyone help??
Oh, and also attempted RSDlite and USB drivers installed and it won't detect my phone. Thanks to anyone who can get me out of this mess.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
These universal one touch root apps are very problematic and you are on the right track with RSD, I had problems with RSD like this once and I didn't have the correct drivers installed, you might start there