Verizons Flash update unrooted my phone??

NJsFynest

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid Rooted 2.2 overclocked and I always used setcpu to manage my processor. Everything was great and worked until one day some s*** pops up on my phone saying that there is a system update that enables Adobe Flash to operate.

I thought this was great because when I manually installed FroYo myself it didn't include this. Ever since I installed the update, I cannot overclock. setcpu doesn't even open up, it says "Root Access Not Detected". I was gonna take a screenshot of the message, but my drocap app (which requires root) doesn't even work anymore!

BusyBox fails now too.

Message reads - Root Access Not Detected. SetCPU could not obtain root access. Did you allow SetCPU through Superuser Permissions? If you checked Superuser Permissions and SetCPU still cannot get root, there may be a permissions issue with your ROM. Operating in read-only mode.

Thanks for any help!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

jesdroid

Reaction score

This is the thread you should use to root. But if you had had a Custom Recovery, which this thread will do, it would have blocked the update and your phone would have been fine.

Follow the link and you'll be all set.

I have had about 4 update notifications in the last two weeks - has everyone else had this too?? Fortunately, as stated above, clockworkmod blocked the updates. I just wondered if everyone else keeps getting notifications. Thanks.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had about 4 update notifications in the last two weeks - has everyone else had this too?? Fortunately, as stated above, clockworkmod blocked the updates. I just wondered if everyone else keeps getting notifications. Thanks.

I have never received an update 2.1 or 2.2 while running a custom Rom.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Same here. I was rooted with no ROM and got the 2.1 u1 OTA, but since installing a custom ROM I've never gotten the 1 for 2.2.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk