Hey androids

drewminatti

Reaction score
I have a first gen droid and my warranty is up on it so I wanted to root it. I obviously did not follow the directions and deleted the factory rom (or at least part of it) and therefore lost the ability to make calls and go online. There was a rep at verizon that was able to fix it for the most part. Now when I try to root it using the universal androot it just say failed!No fu goo. When I try to use clockwork mod I getnan error occured while attempting to run privileged commands. I would really like to root my phone if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Last edited:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a first gen droid and my warranty is up on it so I wanted to root it. I obviously did not follow the directions and deleted the factory rom (or at least part of it) and therefore lost the ability to make calls and go online. There was a rep at verizon that was able to fix it for the most part. Now when I try to root it using the universal androot it just say failed!No fu goo. When I try to use clockwork mod I getnan error occured while attempting to run privileged commands. I would really like to root my phone if anyone can help me that would be awesome.

Universal root kind of sucks but IMO, first thing id do is reflash the factory Sbf and gain what you lost back. Im not sure what the rep said but you should download Moto drivers and rsd lite. once you have rsdlite then flash a factory rooted sbf then your all set. And honestly z4 root is the bomb for 1 click root. Universal always gave me that same error. If you dont feel like doing rsdlite then you should download Z4 root from market if its still their (if not google it with xda "z4 xda" and you should find it) then root your phone. Once rooted download "Rom Manager" by Koush from the market and install Cmod recovery. From their if you just want stock but rooted you should download the stock froyo image (in rom manager free stuff) because your stuff is broken. Welcome to the Forum btw! hope this helps.