Please help i cant unroot my droid

abraham3660

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid 1, and i cant unroot it. I have tried everything! I tried Universal Androot- It says Failed, and when i try to root it again it says Failed! No~~~Fu goo~~~ I tried to install the unroot.zip file or whatever and it always says installation aborted I tried RSDLite but it never shows up my device. What do i do?! I have clockworkmod recovery.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
RSD Lite is the best way to get totally back to stock.

The 3rd link in my signature has a thread with various issues. If it just won't recognize your phone then use a friend's computer to do it on, if at all possible. Option 2 in the first post of that thread has another good thread for getting RSD Lite to work, even though that thread is how to root the phone.

shmoo

Reaction score
If RSD still wont work another option you can try is DMupdater. It can be used to install busybox and all of that jazz but it can also unrooot your phone for you as well
Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk Pro

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If RSD still wont work another option you can try is DMupdater. It can be used to install busybox and all of that jazz but it can also unrooot your phone for you as well

Will that now swap back in the stock Recovery tool or will you still have Clockwork or SPRecovery on the phone?

Not sure if we are looking to just unroot, or get back to stock. The first post just says unroot so DMupdater works too even if it leaves a non-stock recovery tool in place.

shmoo

Reaction score
I just assumed that to unroot meant go back to stock. I looked at what DM can put on your phone ROM wise and it can put on stock no root 2.01 2.1 and 2.2 as well as the alpha durden build. Im assuming that this will put the stock recovery back on too

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
If you want to go back to stock, just download the full OTA version of FRG22D. A search will find it, it is about 77meg, rename it and install it. This doesn't hurt any apps, other than the ones that require root won't work unti you root again.

From there it is easy to go back to root using the MotoCache1 method. I have done it a few times. Not for any reason just to see if it would and to learn more about the phone.

This is very simple. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I have a rooted droid 1, and i cant unroot it. I have tried everything! I tried Universal Androot- It says Failed, and when i try to root it again it says Failed! No~~~Fu goo~~~ I tried to install the unroot.zip file or whatever and it always says installation aborted I tried RSDLite but it never shows up my device. What do i do?! I have clockworkmod recovery.

When you rooted did you use Universal Androot or EasyRoot before the upgrade to frg22d? If so, your root broke. It will say you are still rooted but you are not. You need to go back to stock then upgrade to what you need. That's what I had to do and I will never one-click root again.

OP
abraham3660

abraham3660

Reaction score

When you rooted did you use Universal Androot or EasyRoot before the upgrade to frg22d? If so, your root broke. It will say you are still rooted but you are not. You need to go back to stock then upgrade to what you need. That's what I had to do and I will never one-click root again.

Well how would i go back to stock?

Reaction score

Well how would i go back to stock?

I had rooted with Easyroot then when FRG22D came along this is how I did it (box number 5): http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html