Please Help me decide

greg831

Reaction score
Hello all, I am about to upgrade because my old phone (envy touch) is terrible. I know i want to get a droid but I don't know which one. I have been reading around on the forum, and it sounds like the droid bionic is the next best droid coming out.
Here is my situation: I have never owned a droid, I need a new phone within the next few weeks, I will be using it as a GPS in my car, I have an upgrade, and I will be keeping the phone that i buy for 2 years.
If you were in my shoes, what phone would you buy right now? the droid 3 and thunder bolt both look good, or should i wait for the bionic?

Please help me decide, I want to make the right choice because I'll have to live with it for 2 years.

Thank you in advance!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
For a 3G phone, I would pick the Incredible 2. For a 4G phone, I would probably pick the LG Revolution if you had to buy right now. If you could wait a couple months, the Vigor should be out and destroy everything.

random rom'd X

OP
G

greg831

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Brad. My friend has an incredible 2, and it seems like a great phone. The Revolution seems cool too, but every LG phone i have had ended up being bad so I'm not sure.
I have another question though, how much more does 4g cost? I have looked on Verizon and can't seem to find out

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Brad. My friend has an incredible 2, and it seems like a great phone. The Revolution seems cool too, but every LG phone i have had ended up being bad so I'm not sure.
I have another question though, how much more does 4g cost? I have looked on Verizon and can't seem to find out

Since you didnt have an unlimited data plan before July, your data will be $30 a month for 2 gigs. It is the same price for 3G or 4G.

My mom owns an LG Ally and that thing has been bulletproof. She has dropped it countless times and even dropped it in the toilet and in the sink and its still going strong.

random rom'd X

Last edited:
OP
G

greg831

Reaction score
Oh i get it, and 4g just uses up the data faster. Is 2 gigs enough if i want to use my phone as a GPS every day? Its kind of annoying Verizon dropped the unlimited plan, I didn't know about that.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are just going to check Facebook, use the GPS and that sort of thing, you'll be ok. If you want to use the phone like a computer and download songs, watch YouTube videos and more, 2 gigs is going to go by fast. I used over 6 gigs last month.

random rom'd X

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm due for an upgrade as well and have had my "hands on time" with many of the phones in the verizon store, but I of course am waiting for the Bionic release to make a final decision on my next upgrade.

My best advice to you is to go to the store and check'em out yourself. No matter how many reviews/hands on time I read from other members, nothing beats your own hands on time with the device. Choosing a phone is simply subjective and there are pros and cons to each model that no two users can completely agree on.

Just in case you're wondering, so far I have debated the Inc 2 or the Charge (just for the sake of getting 4g, but I am no fan of TouchWiz). This is why I'm waiting for the Bionic to release

kookk

Reaction score
I would get a Bionic ggiven the hope that blur will be alright on it

Sent from my cyanobolt