Help Me Decided Which Droid To Get

OP
S

Snapple

Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far everyone, still haven't decided. I can be very indecisive so it figures I can upgrade at the worst time.

The one thing I will miss about having a BlackBerry is the light flashing when I
get a text or email.

I am a heavy emailer and texter, I barley use my phone as a phone. I plan on using it for multimedia too though.

Million

Reaction score
helpful thread, I'm in the same boat, this Eris just isn't doin it. but the D-X looks huuge..

SyrusGuyrus

Reaction score
Snapple, if you are a big text/emailer and a big multimedia user, i would hands down go for Droid X. its large screen allows for better viewing of not only media, but emails and texts as well.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Snapple, the droid has a led notification light just like the blackberry has. Not sure about the others. I came from a blackberry curve, and the speed is 20X faster without overclocking, but i of course overclocked for some more speed.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Either wait for the X or get the original droid. Droid inc should be the droid horrible, as it's made by the horrible tech corp and has all sorts of problems already.

With all the support the droid has, you won't regret getting it. We have froyo.

OP
S

Snapple

Reaction score
My BlackBerry is barely functioning right now, battery stays at 5% when plugged in. By default Im getting the original Droid.

Snapple, the droid has a led notification light just like the blackberry has. Not sure about the others. I came from a blackberry curve, and the speed is 20X faster without overclocking, but i of course overclocked for some more speed.

Awesome! dancedroid

SyrusGuyrus

Reaction score
Snapple..I think it would be wise to wait a few days to hear about the actual specs of the droid x and 2, which will supposedly be announced June 23rd. But hey, its your phone.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Either wait for the X or get the original droid. Droid inc should be the droid horrible, as it's made by the horrible tech corp and has all sorts of problems already.

Maybe I'm just lucky because I don't have any problems with my Incredible and my battery out last the Moto Droids onboard......What's so Horrible about that...mine smokes theirs

HCdroid

Reaction score
Snapple. my previous phone before the droid was a Bold 9700. Loved it..until I was seduced into the dark side.. At first I used the physical keyboard every time I had to type, tried to use the virtual one and it was a disaster (not the phone but my ability to use it.

I forced myself to only use the virtual keyboard and with some practice I have become pretty good at it (and fast) So if not having a physical keyboard is a concern don't let it be.
BTW I LOVE my droid, but will probably be getting the X. I will not sell my droid though.

kristoff125

Reaction score

Maybe I'm just lucky because I don't have any problems with my Incredible and my battery out last the Moto Droids onboard......What's so Horrible about that...mine smokes theirs

Benchmarks?
Rom support?
HTC is a horribad company?

OP
S

Snapple

Reaction score
Snapple..I think it would be wise to wait a few days to hear about the actual specs of the droid x and 2, which will supposedly be announced June 23rd. But hey, its your phone.

That would be ideal, but I cant be cellphone less, and my BlackBerry wont charge.

With that 30 day satisfaction thing, does it reset every time you use it? Is there a limit to how many times you can?

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
J Hacking community of the droid is a plus. I’m assuming it’s still a hell of a lot faster than my BlackBerry Pearl. How short of a battery life does the Incredible have? I have read that it’s short said:
If you root, Moto Droid is currently the fastest available. Even the Nexus1 comes up behind a maxed out Droid running Froyo. For now. New Droid kernels are giving excellent battery life with Froyo. And Moto Froyo is just a hacked leak. It's a beta. Expect more refinement on final release, which should be coming in the next couple weeks.

I've found Moto to be a bit sturdier than the HTC phones. You'll find more cracked screens on HTC devices than Motos. While sense is pretty, it's a resource hog. Droid wins again. And it's just a little more butch. Droid X or Shadow might be worth swapping to, but for now, Moto Droid is just #win for me.

SyrusGuyrus

Reaction score

That would be ideal, but I cant be cellphone less, and my BlackBerry wont charge.

With that 30 day satisfaction thing, does it reset every time you use it? Is there a limit to how many times you can?

While I do understand your plight, how badly will you truly need your cellphone for 3 days? If it is for work, I can understand that you would need a mobile phone for convenience, but I'm pretty sure if you explain your story, they'd be okay with it until wednesday. We're (I'm) pretty sure the X will be available on wednesday, but if its not, which I highly recommend you, if you at anyway can, wait to see if it is. But I do understand how hard it is to not have a phone for any length of time. If the X is not available by wednesday or within a few days of that, I would go for the original droid, but be prepared to use your 30-day satisfaction for when the X does come out. The only real reason I'm telling you that you should wait instead of get the droid and use the 30 day thing is because you would only have the droid for 3 days if the X came out on wednesday... So, yeah. :greendroid: > :iphone: