Pixel 6 Accessories

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just received my Stand 2, was lost in the mail for 14 days. Any how I can't seem to find a way to have the screen completely dark when charging, looks like a dim lockscreen and if it's on for 1 or 2 hours don't want to worry about screen burn in.
Mine goes completely dark when the room is dark.. otherwise it's dim ..

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Mine goes completely dark when the room is dark.. otherwise it's dim ..

I'd just like it dark all the time but I guess that's not an option. Went through the reviews of the app on the Play Store and that was a consistent gripe.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'd just like it dark all the time but I guess that's not an option. Went through the reviews of the app on the Play Store and that was a consistent gripe.
I wonder if we could set up a screensaver the clock move around the screen.. I know I have it for regular charging when not on stand...

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if we could set up a screensaver the clock move around the screen.. I know I have it for regular charging when not on stand...

That's how mine is setup when on the Pixel Stand or any charger, just a dim clock that changes position every few minutes. In order to do that on the Pixel Stand I had to opt to not use any of the Assistant features that the stand can provide, and just have a floating clock as a background.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's how mine is setup when on the Pixel Stand or any charger, just a dim clock that changes position every few minutes. In order to do that on the Pixel Stand I had to opt to not use any of the Assistant features that the stand can provide, and just have a floating clock as a background.

Oh that makes sense. I opted in so the stand overrides the screensaver. It would be nice if it could do both maybe in a future update. Thank you sir

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
How do you opt to not use Assistant features? I'm not updated to the Dec Google 12 update, if that makes a difference.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
How do you opt to not use Assistant features? I'm not updated to the Dec Google 12 update, if that makes a difference.

If you set up your stand already go into apps and find the Pixel stand clear. The storage and the next time you put it back on the stand it should ask you fresh as if it was setting up for the first time

Last edited:
OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, like bk stated when setting it up the first time I just put my phone on the stand and skipped thru all the Assistant prompts or clicked cancel, whichever was available. For me, I'm just using it as a wireless charger without all the extra things Assistant can do while on the stand. My wife loves the fixed clock that Assistant displays on the stand, and the picture frame display on the stand so she uses those.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
bi and sajo, are you both sideload the late Dec Android 12 update?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
bi and sajo, are you both sideload the late Dec Android 12 update?

No, I haven't. I'm OK with waiting for Google to work the bugs out of this one.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I’ve had no issues with the sideload of December..thinking maybe January will be a better roll out for Google ..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've not sideloaded. I can wait. Regarding my Pixel Stand 2, I've enabled the current features offered, including Assistant, and when my 6 Pro is charging the phone screen goes dark. I don't use my phone as a nightstand clock, so not a problem if I don't see a clock. Shouldn't be a screen burn in that way, should it?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've not sideloaded. I can wait. Regarding my Pixel Stand 2, I've enabled the current features offered, including Assistant, and when my 6 Pro is charging the phone screen goes dark. I don't use my phone as a nightstand clock, so not a problem if I don't see a clock. Shouldn't be a screen burn in that way, should it?

Is your phone going completely dark or do you see the clock with the assistant in the lower bottom like the icon?

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is your phone going completely dark or do you see the clock with the assistant in the lower bottom like the icon?

Completely dark