Google Pixel 3 Release Date, Price, and more!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pixel3.png
Today at an event in New York Google has officially announced the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL android phones. Here's the quick information you need to know:

1. Google Pixel 3 is available now for pre-order, and expected to release on October 18 in the US. Everyone else should be able to get it the first of November.

2. The Pixel 3 will be starting at $799/£739 and the Pixel 3 XL will be starting at $899/£839 outright.

3. The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL come in three colors, each with cheeky names: Just Black, Clearly White and Not Pink.

4. Both versions of the Pixel 3 will be larger then the Pixel 2. The Pixel 3 is 5.5 inches and the Pixel 3 XL is 6.3 inches.

5. The Pixel 3 has two front-facing cameras for more details in the frame, which will be particularly useful for group selfies. Google said the second camera captures "184 percent more of the scene" as the iPhone XS.

pixel3-camera.jpg
6. Hardware specs include a 2915mAh battery that supports wireless charging. It's running the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset alongside 4GB of RAM, plus you'll have the choice of either 64GB or 128GB of storage.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Believe it or not, it doesn't look as bad in person. But yeah, Google went "y'all want a notch, we got you covered. We like to do it big around here."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Who puts 2k batteries in flagship phones these days? You have budget phones with 5k batteries and Google fumbles this one so bad! Inexcusable.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Honestly, and this is coming from a person who bashed Google to death about not putting at least 6 GB of Ram when other companies are doing that and charging less, if they kept the same size battery as last year they are more than good. Battery life on my 2XL has not been a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
2xl has 20% bigger battery. For me it wouldn't last 1/2 a day. I burn through 3000mah from 6am-4pm and another 2000mah from 4pm-10pm. My 5700mah moto lasts me just barely, due to having so so reception at work and at home and spending plenty of time reading junk lol.
And that's with 1080p screen.

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Underwhelming hardware specs and ugliest notch around? Pass.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger and purchased a Pixel 3XL yesterday so now I patiently await it's arrival. I've been using a Nexus 6P since it's release and the battery has basically completely died. I'm constantly walking around with a battery pack, so I'm looking forward to having a battery that lasts longer than an hour :D