Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My wife got a system update on her new 6 the other day. I thought it was the December update, but her phone still says November for the security patch.

However, here phone has been dropping calls since then. Toggling airplane mode seems to cure it temporarily.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My wife got a system update on her new 6 the other day. I thought it was the December update, but her phone still says November for the security patch.

However, here phone has been dropping calls since then. Toggling airplane mode seems to cure it temporarily.

Hmm I've seen issues others posted but with the December and mainly UK

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm I've seen issues others posted but with the December and mainly UK

Same here. I was confused when she got an update. I was confused when it said November. I am further confused by the connectivity issues. Even wifi calling failed on her yesterday.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Same here. I was confused when she got an update. I was confused when it said November. I am further confused by the connectivity issues. Even wifi calling failed on her yesterday.

I'm wondering if that was the mid-November update that some of us got was supposed to improve our fingerprint... Maybe reset the network settings and do a reboot or maybe that will work...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering if that was the mid-November update that some of us got was supposed to improve our fingerprint... Maybe reset the network settings and do a reboot or maybe that will work...

Possibly. She hasn't had the phone long, but I guess I assumed she got all of the updates when she set it up.

I'll have to give that a go this evening.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I certainly hope Google can work all these bugs out of the monthly update process for the new Pixel 6's with the January update. It's a great phone and is getting a bad rep in some circles with this update mess. Let's go Google.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I certainly hope Google can work all these bugs out of the monthly update process for the new Pixel 6's with the January update. It's a great phone and is getting a bad rep in some circles with this update mess. Let's go Google.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Agreed. I just hope they have an update for January at this point & that it doesn't break anything else.

I think I remember the December update is supposed to fix poor call audio on Bluetooth. I used my Skullcandy BT buds to make a call the other day & idk what I sounded like to them, but they were so garbled on my end it was barely usable.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Agreed. I just hope they have an update for January at this point & that it doesn't break anything else.

I think I remember the December update is supposed to fix poor call audio on Bluetooth. I used my Skullcandy BT buds to make a call the other day & idk what I sounded like to them, but they were so garbled on my end it was barely usable.

I have that happened to me before the December update and the pixel buds. I think when I was on Wi-Fi calling and then went outside the call didn't stay on properly on the buds I had to toggle to speaker and then back on to Bluetooth for it to not sound garbled

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Oh nice ..I don't see mine dark till the room is dark ..

Now that I think about it, mine only goes completely dark when the room is dark. I misunderstood your earlier comment.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Now that I think about it, mine only goes completely dark when the room is dark. I misunderstood your earlier comment.

I disabled the Pixel Stand app on the phone now mine stays dark even in the daylight.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yep I ended up doing the same thing. Just disabled it on the app settings.. no I have my floating clock screensaver when I'm on the charger..