Phone reboots 4x a day, how do I reinstall the factory OS?

thelemur

Reaction score
I installed z4 root, and used Bloat Freezer to stop some apps. It's been a few months but now my phone constantly reboots itself, even in the middle of calls. What's the easiest way to put it all back to factory settings and to have a fresh OS?

pressguy27

Reaction score
You could boot into stock recovery( power off phone, then hold down power and x on keyboard, hit the search glass when you see the android) and do a wipe to see if that helps. If not, could try a sbf or just take it to verizon and get it replaced

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7

OP
T

thelemur

Reaction score
You could boot into stock recovery( power off phone, then hold down power and x on keyboard, hit the search glass when you see the android) and do a wipe to see if that helps. If not, could try a sbf or just take it to verizon and get it replaced

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7

I will try the boot procedure and see how it works. I bought the phone on ebay, do you think verizon will replace it?

What's an SBF?

pressguy27

Reaction score
I will try the boot procedure and see how it works. I bought the phone on ebay, do you think verizon will replace it?

What's an SBF?

I'm not sure if they will replace it . A sbf is like a factory reset a different way to do it.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7

Shawn1976

Reaction score
My x did the same thing till I found the right voltage and overclock settings for it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My x did the same thing till I found the right voltage and overclock settings for it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

It's good you fixed it, but you shouldn't have to O/C and change voltage to keep your phone from rebooting. Motorola got lazy with the D2, D2G, and DX.