Is your tbolt rebooting several times a day?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Whatever you guys do don't get a refurbished phone. First off there is no need for it, and secondly it could be in worse shape than your phone.

These reboots are a software issue and will be fixed. But if you swap your phone out you will always be stuck with a refurbished phone.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I purchased a GarbageBolt after my OG droid started crapping the bed. The connection problems started almost immediately. Sitting at home I would go from 3G to no service in a moment and be back to 3g again. Using the browser was nigh impossible because it would constantly lose service. Only got worse when I got to work with this phone. Where my OG Droid would have 3g under 3 floors of concrete, this HTC junk wouldnt get any service on the roof. THen I got the OTA update and the phone started rebooting and downloading apps from the market (same app up to 5 times at once) that I never even looked at. After 4 days I had it swapped out for a brand new one. THis new one had all the exact same problems with the addition of extreme battery issues (much worse than the original TB) and sucked a fully charged extended battery down to nothing in 4 hours with next to no use. After contacting HTC about this, the rep said I was the first person hes heard of that had ANY problem with the TB dispite their forums page with lists of connection and reboot problems. In my Opinion, not only is the GarbageBolt a junk phone, HTC is a junk company as well.

Well, look on the bright side, your first post was just awesome...actually, no not really. I am not having any of the issues you have. Maybe if your post were slanted more towards constructive criticism versus full-tilt negative it would be helpful. Curious, I am being serious here, what phone or phone manufacturer do you really like? Does that choice ever have problems? Do not almost every phone manufacturer have some sort of issue they must make right? Just asking. Because every one of the phones I have owned, the original unit still had need of some kind of issue to be addressed, unless that phone had been out for 6 months or better, that is.

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score
Ok......... I was the OP so here's an update. I did start having reboots once again but not as often. I was running stock with ota and rooted when I first made this post. I called vz and they told me about factory resetting through the settings menu and if that did'nt fix it they would send out another phone. My phone was not rebooting at all so I rooted it again, restored apps with tibu and noticed the reboots again. Called and they sent me out another phone. (Whether refurbed or not it is no different than my original tbolt as it is in great condition) I have'nt had a reboot since I received the replacement and have once again rooted and restored most apps with tibu except for one. This time I did'nt allow tibu to restore my htc sense data. I'm wondering if that may have anything to do with the reboots.

Just throwing that out there and not being negative because I really love this phone and all that it can do.

jseah

Reaction score
Right after the update, my TB was rebooting every few hours. I did the factory reset and the rebooting stopped. Then starting a few days ago, the phone started rebooting once or twice a day (it seemed to reboot when I was clicking on "something" and the phone would hang for a bit). This morning my phone has already rebooted twice, once when my phone was just sitting there, the other time when I clicked on the email box.

soccerdude77

Reaction score
I am on the same boat. I did the factory reset a couple of days ago and I experienced 1-2 resets a day. However, this morning alone I have had 5 resets in just 2 hours. This is ridiculous! I don't know if I should call VZ rep and have them send me a new phone which they said they would or just hang on for a software fix...... :(

yniloc

Reaction score
I am on the same boat. I did the factory reset a couple of days ago and I experienced 1-2 resets a day. However, this morning alone I have had 5 resets in just 2 hours. This is ridiculous! I don't know if I should call VZ rep and have them send me a new phone which they said they would or just hang on for a software fix...... :(

I am personally holding out for the update. They said they would send me a refurbished one I told them that I bought it new and would like to stick to a brave new one. they told me no. so if the next update doesn't help I'll definitely root it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

eqwalker

Reaction score
Thought I would add to the list. Mine is rebooting once, sometimes twice a day as well.

OP
Z

zenman77

Reaction score

I am personally holding out for the update. They said they would send me a refurbished one I told them that I bought it new and would like to stick to a brave new one. they told me no. so if the next update doesn't help I'll definitely root it.

Yeah........ I just saw a post that another ota update my be coming to address the rebooting issue. We'll have to see because now I'm not getting any reboots but my phone is showing 1x data quite often. I'm hoping that it's because they're working on gettting 4g ready here in Toledo.

jkingston05

Reaction score
Mine hasn't rebooted since I performed a factory reset. Wasn't fun, but resolved the issue.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I posted earlier that I was getting 1 - 2 reboots a day. As far as I know I have not had any in the last 3 or 4 days. It may or may not be related, but I was having trouble with Fancy Widget Pro on my home screen and the reboots have stopped since I uninstalled it???? I'm also experiencing the oposite of what a lot of others are saying. I was barely able to hang onto a 3g signal at my house (poor coverage here), but since the update I regurlary get 4g with 2 bars, again I don't know if its related to the update or not. Lastly, I saw on another forum that there would be an OTA update coming from VW in about 2 weeks, the speculation is that it is either GB, a fix for the rebooting issues, or something to extend battery life.
Note: I did not do a factory reset.
Regarding swapping out the phone, it may help or it may be worse, some are experiencing 4-5 reboots a day while others are getting none, and it will be a refurb, I called for my wifes TB 16 days after purchasing it, and the tech said he had no choice but to send out a refurb. On his suggestion, I went to the VW store and convinced the manager to swap it with a new one. (played stupid, insisted that I thought I had 30 days, not 14). The Manager was excellant and had no problem swapping out the phone.

indygreg

Reaction score
My rebooting continues, but is inconsistent.
Today is terrible. I am on about my 6th reboot and I have not had lunch yet. Luckily I am near power and I have a second battery with me . . . or it would have been dead by now.

I have not done a factory reset . . . and with some saying that doing so is not a 100% fix, I am not going to do it yet. I am also not getting a refurb phone - it will just be someone else's that was doing this. :)
As others have said, I do not think this is hardware.

I am hoping that an update is coming soon. I have opened a ticket with Verizon, but it is now not being responded to as I sort of flamed the moron (no bad language or anything insulting - I said he was wasting my time and I wanted escalation). It was a stock - you know, a phone like the TB tends to use battery life faster, etc - and that, get this, Verizon has no control over updates. That only HTC can do that. Ugh.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
So is it a good idea to wait on the current update until the next ota update? The last thing I want are random reboots. My thunderbolt already deleted all my texts yesterday.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

jseah

Reaction score
curious as to whether I should do a factory reset or just wait it out?

If you are having reboots to the point of it being annoying (i.e. rebooting when you are actually trying to use the phone) and you can spare the hour or so to wait while all your apps downloads again, I don't see it hurting.