Is your tbolt rebooting several times a day?

KillerKPD

Reaction score
Mine was good for a few weeks but recently the reboots came back and now they are worse.

I hope VZW does something.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
I was having reboots 2-3 times a day untill I changed ROM to das Bamf..dont know why or how but it seemed to help now I've hade only 1 reboot in a week and everything seems to be running smooth again.

slinky

Reaction score
As much as I am not happy with Verizon and HTC, did it occur to anyone that many of us might be using a poorly programmed application that is causing the reboots? As much as we hate to admit it, what if a factory reset solved the problem?

yniloc

Reaction score
I actually did a factory reset and still see problems.i agree though it's probably an application that's causing the problem. I wonder if it's the Amazon appstore or one of those free apps I downloaded...

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
As much as I am not happy with Verizon and HTC, did it occur to anyone that many of us might be using a poorly programmed application that is causing the reboots? As much as we hate to admit it, what if a factory reset solved the problem?

I actually did a factory reset and still see problems.i agree though it's probably an application that's causing the problem. I wonder if it's the Amazon appstore or one of those free apps I downloaded...

VZW tech support implied the same thing. I factory reset the phone yet again without restoring any apps and haven't had any reboots or restarts since.

It's scary to think that something in the OS that was changed by VZW/HTC has caused major incompatibilities with a large number of apps. Could be a tough nut to crack.

tc3

Reaction score
"As much as I am not happy with Verizon and HTC, did it occur to anyone that many of us might be using a poorly programmed application that is causing the reboots? As much as we hate to admit it, what if a factory reset solved the problem?"

It's not that....I tried both the factory reset without installing anything and still reboots, got a replacement kept it stock...same rebooting issue.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
I had another reboot yesterday, although only about the 4th I know of in total. I had within the past few minutes of the most recent rebooting moved from a 1X signal to a 3G signal area. Not sure if that is the cause of the reboot, but I did note it anyway.

Regardless, I am not trashing the TB; I have too much time and money invested into mine. I am waiting as patiently as I am able on the next OTA update that really needs to fix more issues, and of course, for the upgraded OS to 2.3.

I am keeping my TB until: 1) a device upgrade in 2 yrs or 2) Verizon/HTC pull this device and I get a free replacement of something else. But, realistically, I do not think scenario 2 is likely; which HTC does Verizon carry which is TB's equal or better? None that I know of, so I will not accept a step down replacement, if I can help it. Every device has some issue. Not just the TB, not just HTC and not just Verizon's devices. Remember the "hold the
AT&T iPhone 4 a certain way or you have bad signal" issue?

greyghost04

Reaction score
I haven't read every page on the thread. I talk to a Verizon tech. They are aware of the problem and will be giving us a patch in a few days to weeks. That's how specific they were about the date. He says they are working non stop to find the fix.

:icon_ banana:

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I haven't read every page on the thread. I talk to a Verizon tech. They are aware of the problem and will be giving us a patch in a few days to weeks. That's how specific they were about the date. He says they are working non stop to find the fix.

:icon_ banana:
LOL HTC has taken a page from Verizon's playbook and put it to use. Tell them what they want to hear whether it's truth or fiction.

In all seriousness, I hope you're right and we get the update soon.

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
hmm, new or same issue?

I am not sure if this is more of the same, but the TB turned itself off (half reboot perhaps?). I did not turn it off, but it had been off for some unknown time when I attempted to check the web. I had to turn it on and wait for it to boot up before use. When it finished booting, the battery was at 27%, BTW. Related to other rebooting? I do not know.

Others thoughts, similar experiences? PS: this does not change my liking for the TB, but it does push up the need to obtain that OTA update.

Maybe better yet is Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Opinions?
:cool:

gary73

Reaction score
Different radio cured mine, doesn't help much if your not rooted.

JRParsons

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is more of the same, but the TB turned itself off (half reboot perhaps?). I did not turn it off, but it had been off for some unknown time when I attempted to check the web. I had to turn it on and wait for it to boot up before use. When it finished booting, the battery was at 27%, BTW. Related to other rebooting? I do not know.

Others thoughts, similar experiences? PS: this does not change my liking for the TB, but it does push up the need to obtain that OTA update.

Maybe better yet is Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Opinions?
:cool:

Same issue here. Since the update my phone turns off about once a day. But don't love this phone any less. I'm confident Htc Verizon will take care of it with the next update.

rbw62

Reaction score
Love it when someone has steel

Thank you yakitori, I worked on PCs for many years, Software fixes, mostly trojans, spyware, a few bad Virus. One thing I observed is people are not satisfied with what they have, they have to overclock, then get a refrigerated cooling system to remove the heat, then speed up the Video card, more fans, oh o, now need more power, 1000 watt power supply, then a generator to run the PC. My question is where does it end? This is a freaking phone for goodness sake! My first cell phone was a 5 lb bag phone, yeah baby it was powerful, but you carried it in a bag. Now I have a portable pc/phone that is a dream.TV, Movies, Calls, texting, games, and a host of other stuff. Do I want to FK it up? NO, If I want a more powerful faster PC/Phone I will wait on a 3.5ghz quad phone with a 8'' screen that runs win 7 64 bit.

MLoprete

Reaction score
Mine is rebooting a lot... today is my birthday and it's restarted during every phone call I've recieved.. so annoying!!! I've already had to do master resets a couple times because of text message problems that continue (random sending and recieving issues, resetting the phone helps for a while??)... they need to just give me another phone I am tired of losing all my crap!!!!!