My rebooting issues....

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I have had my TB for about a week and a half now. When in put on the update last week it ran just fine for 2 days. Then the reboots started. It happened twice in a span of about 12 hours. The next day it happened about 3 times so I tweeted @VZWSupport for help. They suggested a factory reset....

VZWSupport VZW Support
@
@ryanschmaltz 4/4 Touch Menu >Touch Settings>Touch SD & phone storage> Touch Factory data reset> Tap Reset phone> Tap Erase everything. *CM
14 May

VZWSupport VZW Support
@
@ryanschmaltz 3/4 Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device. Follow the steps in my next tweet.
14 May

VZWSupport VZW Support
@
@ryanschmaltz 2/4 Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications and resets the phone back to its initial state.
14 May

VZWSupport VZW Support
@
@ryanschmaltz 1/4 I would suggest completing a factory reset. There maybe applications that are corrupting the phone after the update.

Did everything they suggested and now the reboots are WORSE! I had 7 yesterday that I for sure know about. I tweeted VZWSupport again yesterday and this is what they responded.....

VZWSupport VZW Support
@
@ryanschmaltz At this time ,we are working on a solution to resolve the re-boot issue. Thank you for your patience. *CM

This is getting ridiculous. Since my phone isn't very old I would think it's from the "newer" batch. I saw some posts about it maybe being a problem if you had one of the first TB's.

Anyone have any other suggestions short of rooting and throwing on a ROM? I'm wondering if I should even do another factory reset?

Bowtie

Reaction score
At this point I would say it can't hurt it, give it a try and if a second reload doesn't fix it, at least you have tried it twice and can eliminate that part of it. Try doing it with out reloading any apps.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
What's the point though? I shouldn't have to factory reset my phone multiple times and not reload apps in order to make the phone perform at a level it should. Factory resetting is just a pain cause then you have to go though and set everything back up again.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Since the majority of users out there do not experience as many restarts - what applications do you have installed/what applications do you use on a daily basis?

Try a factory restart and just use the base applications (install NO apps) for a few days and see if you get any restarts. This rules out the phone as the cause of the restarts (or implicates it, in which any sane VW rep would allow you to switch, right?).

jray1

Reaction score
Do you have "bump" installed on the phone? If so remove it. It was causing random reboots on my Dx with GB installed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon told me that they are aware of the reboot issue that is caused by the new update and HTC is aware and hey are putting pressure on HTC to fix this issue and push another update soon. I decided not to root untilafter this update and hopefullyby then unrevoked will have a root process in place and reboot will be a thing of the past.

ridin the lightning

markinwyo

Reaction score
I had a microsd 32gb class 10 card that I used for digital photography and video. I copied everything from the stock card over and it seems to have stopped the random reboots. I think like many of us, I pushed all apps to the SD card since my internal mem is around 2gb free. I am wondering if the system is trying to read and write to fast for the stock card to keep up, hence the reboots.

I will keep track of my reboots for a couple of days and see what happens. It has gone from 9 a day to what appears to be none.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sac4

Reaction score
I had all the same problems as OP and verizon said I had two options one is take it to a verzion store and have them flash the software since the OTA update was giving lots of people problems or they could send me a replacement phone. The vz rep said I should just get a replacment so thats What I did. So far one day trouble free. They said a small % of people the factory restet will help but most it will do nothing.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I had a microsd 32gb class 10 card that I used for digital photography and video. I copied everything from the stock card over and it seems to have stopped the random reboots. I think like many of us, I pushed all apps to the SD card since my internal mem is around 2gb free. I am wondering if the system is trying to read and write to fast for the stock card to keep up, hence the reboots.

I will keep track of my reboots for a couple of days and see what happens. It has gone from 9 a day to what appears to be none.

Why the need to push apps to the sdcard?

markinwyo

Reaction score
I am an apps junkie ( I wonder if there is an app to help stop my app addiction) and by pushing the apps to the SD I can have more.

markinwyo

Reaction score
Does anyone have Gingerbread on the TB? If so are you experiencing random reboots? If not then maybe Verizon should OTA the big update sooner.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I am an apps junkie ( I wonder if there is an app to help stop my app addiction) and by pushing the apps to the SD I can have more.

Don't feel you're alone. Me too!
I put a 32 gb in my D1 and it worked for a day maybe more and then went nuts. Random lock ups, reboots. I removed the new card and replaced the stock one and it's still slow laggy but doesn't lock up or reboot.
Can't check the class of it, as I opened the case it zipped off somewhere and I can't find it. Sigh,,,,

At any rate the correct class of SD card might be mandatory.