Unable to Update

jaybuc

Reaction score
So I go into settings to update software I click on Check Now....the popup comes up that says Checking for updated software update for about 5 secs and then just disappears! I click on status and everything is blank. I called VZW tech support they said I could factory reset my phone....so I did and still no update. My wife also has the TB and was able to download the update 3 days ago with no issues....What's the deal with this phone? I am about to make it a paper weight :icon_evil:

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
It's not the phone. It's how Verizon releases the ota updates. My wife and I both had Droids and I got the update probably a week before she did and yes we are on the same account. If I were you I'd just wait until you get a notification that the update is available.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
J

jaybuc

Reaction score
Roger that..Just seems like VZW tech support should tell people that. They told me to factory reset or go to a store and have apply the update...what a crock :icon_evil:

Richard Baker

Reaction score
update

same problem here,VZW overnighting a new TB with the update already on it,Wife got OTA day it came out.Also compensating me for dropped calls due to rebooting.

OP
J

jaybuc

Reaction score
So I get a call from VZW support to follow-up on my update issue. They tell me the ota update is to be pushed now and not pulled...So what is it?? This is really starting to become a joke......

imgoinghome

Reaction score
I had this same problem and followed someone's advice in another thread to try to look for the update later at night or early morning. I tried last night at maybe at 10:30 and was able to download the update. Maybe try this?