Software Update Error

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this issue with there Thunderbolt? Going into settings--Software Update--Check New; I have ALWAYS got (after about 30-40seconds) ERROR, SERVICE UNAVAILABLE, Check back when service is available. It has never said, "no update found" or "software up to date". Now with a update available I'm wondering if I will even get it. VERIZON TECH support in short said its not a problem. Some reps (I talked to a few) even said ALL THUNDRBOLTS SAY ERROR when you check. One rep said after I already got her to say what hers does said it still doesn't mean mine is messed up. I have done a Factory Reset before due to data issues so I don't believe all of a sudden it will help. Im just wondering if my Thunderbolt is doing what everyone else's is doing or is it messed up?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

speedwater

Reaction score
"Updates available"

I don't get the same error msg checking for updates, but I can tell you shouldn't worry about pending updates. A week ago my phone worked fine, but I have had two updates since, OTA one supposedly fixed txt msg issues, and now I have issue with it loading a msg not close to the one selected(the same msg everytime). And the second update I manually installed thinking I would improve connection issues, now my TB randomly reboots several times a day.

OP
DAVID2010

DAVID2010

Reaction score
This is exactly what I did yesterday. But it was a HTC rep who said he saw this info posted online and the person who posted it said it worked for them. It also worked for me. Great idea. I was going to try it on the 3G mode but don't think I would have thought about the 2G. And yeah, after a while of downloading it worked. Good info and thanks because it may have been your info the rep saw. Haha.

OP
DAVID2010

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Also. The rep said he will post how this helps to other tech reps (for HTC) so they will know it may work for other people.