phone call bug?

Dream

Reaction score
So this has happened to me 3 times now. While on a phone call, I pull the phone away from my face and the screen stays black. Nothing I do brings it back. I cant even end the call until the other person hangs up, then the home screen comes back. Anybody else having this issue?

garyll

Reaction score
same thing happened to me once and the only thing that brought it back was a battery pull. Not good.

Stigy

Reaction score
Sounds like your proximity sensor might be bad.

Bring it to the Verizon store and see if you can replicate it and get it replaced.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Sounds like your proximity sensor might be bad.

Bring it to the Verizon store and see if you can replicate it and get it replaced.

You sure its not an OS issue? My friend who has the Droid has the same issue.

aka_rob

Reaction score
Same thing here. I have made many short phone calls and had not issue. It only happened after a call that lasted about 25 minutes.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Well im glad im not the only one. I hope its just a OS bug that will get fixed with an update, I dont feel like returning another phone.

VDroid

Reaction score
that has happened to me also- on long calls only- i think it happend when I went to speaker once too- both times i just tap the top pwr button and it poped back on- I have never had to take the battery out.

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Yeah, I this happened to me also. I was able to do a to power it off by holding down the power button for several seconds. I'm glad this worked instead of having to take battery out.

pilot25

Reaction score
It's going into time out after the specified time. Default is 1 minute.

Just set it at always on.

Just another of the infinate flaws with this phone.

biggrizzly

Reaction score

Nah... Mine is doing it too, and I set it to NO TIME OUT. Still get a black screen. If I move the phone around sometimes it will come back, but this is very annoying and I am taking it back to Verizon store to see what they say today.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score

Im going to try this, but then my phone will never time out when im not using it unless I lock it. Another odd one...

Getaphixx

Reaction score
So this has happened to me 3 times now. While on a phone call, I pull the phone away from my face and the screen stays black. Nothing I do brings it back. I cant even end the call until the other person hangs up, then the home screen comes back. Anybody else having this issue?

I just pressed the Power/Lock button on the top right and screen came back...

No biggie for me..

biggrizzly

Reaction score
This is really annoying if on a phone call and you need to enter digits or numbers. It seems as though when the phone is motionless the screen times out and when it detects motion it will light back up. Seems like there should be an easy fix for this.

VDroid

Reaction score
I hope that Moto/Verizon are monitoring these boards- they better be working 24/7 to fix these simple issues- negative issues spread really fast and get out of control- in my opinion there should be an update really fast to address these "small" issues that are really annoying - it will give those of us who have purchased a droid some comfort and let us know that we are appreciated and for the potential buyers that the device will be getting better in short order.