phone call bug?

Droider

Reaction score
I hope that Moto/Verizon are monitoring these boards- they better be working 24/7 to fix these simple issues- negative issues spread really fast and get out of control- in my opinion there should be an update really fast to address these "small" issues that are really annoying - it will give those of us who have purchased a droid some comfort and let us know that we are appreciated and for the potential buyers that the device will be getting better in short order.

I'd bet they aren't monitoring these boards closely.

andjarnic

Reaction score
@pilot25... infinite problems? What other issues are you having?

I just posted a thread about the phone not waking up what to do. I and a few others are having issues where the phone goes into some crash mode.. or sleep mode, and wont turn on without a battery pop. I joined this forum because of it, hoping many others were having this.. so far only two others. I called verizon today and they are sending me a new phone. I did not try a hard reset tho, or replacing the SDHC card to see if that was the issue. I personally didn't want to QA this phone.

I don't know if verizon or moto monitors these forums, but I am sure if enough of you call in to verizon or take the phones back, they'll start seeing more and more entries into their system and word will get out. It wont be a one week thing tho. It takes time to diagnose, try to fix and test issues like these, and then sending out an update right away wont be so easy as well. As far as I know, the updates we may get are Android based and not phone based. So I would guess the next update we get is Dec 11 from what i've seen on these forums. It's to fix the camera issue, and probably other things.

steveo52

Reaction score
Same problem here. It happened to me about 6 times this weekend. Once calling someone Saturday morning at 7 AM. " How to lose Friends and Not Influence People!!"

Alright Pilot GO Yankees!

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
I might have to take my phone back I guess if some are having the issue and some are not. I have my setting so the screen never times out and will test that tonight. Ill report back with my findings.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
I was just on a 15-minute call and this did not happen.

What is your screen time out set at?

I just did some testing with this at home and I found out that the screen just times out at whatever you have it set at, even while on a call. I would consider this a bug. I guess ill just have my screen time out set at never for now...

shacochis06

Reaction score
Same thing happend to me. Also now when some people call there name well not appear but only there number but I have them saved in my contacts. What's goin on anybody else have this happen.

phoenixdroid

Reaction score
I could swear unless I am imagining things when I was playing around this weekend I found a "shake to wake" setting somewhere. But now for the life of me I cannot find it again. Basically the movement of the phone away from your ear "wakes" the display back up. I have made a few calls and never seen a dark screen where I had to use power to bring it back.

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score
Same thing happend to me. Also now when some people call there name well not appear but only there number but I have them saved in my contacts. What's goin on anybody else have this happen.

I personally have not noticed this, BUT>>> when I get an incoming call, while the phone is timed out and locked, the keyboard will pop up for a second right after I unlock to answer. Very odd lol.

Stigy

Reaction score

I just did some testing with this at home and I found out that the screen just times out at whatever you have it set at, even while on a call. I would consider this a bug. I guess ill just have my screen time out set at never for now...
Screen timeout is 1 minute.

So based on theory in this thread a minute into the call my screen should have been in this "coma" state that is being discussed, correct?

OP
Dream

Dream

Reaction score

Screen timeout is 1 minute.

So based on theory in this thread a minute into the call my screen should have been in this "coma" state that is being discussed, correct?

That would be correct, very odd. I tested mine a few more times tonight and it does the exact same thing. :confused:

biggrizzly

Reaction score
Here is my test that shows my phone appears to be working correctly.

Anyhow, if I call myself (so as not to bother anyone else) or call voice mail and hold the phone flat in your palm it should stay lit. When you lightly pass your other hand over the screen it should go dark. When you remove your hand it will re-light again. I don't think there is any time out or anything else. It is just a proximity sensor that can tell if the phone is close to an object that could interfere with operation. Test it this way and see if it stays dark. Are your fingers or any other object close to the screen keeping it from re-lighting?

pilot25

Reaction score
Here is my test that shows my phone appears to be working correctly.

Anyhow, if I call myself (so as not to bother anyone else) or call voice mail and hold the phone flat in your palm it should stay lit. When you lightly pass your other hand over the screen it should go dark. When you remove your hand it will re-light again. I don't think there is any time out or anything else. It is just a proximity sensor that can tell if the phone is close to an object that could interfere with operation. Test it this way and see if it stays dark. Are your fingers or any other object close to the screen keeping it from re-lighting?

Mine does that too but it blanked once on a very long call. Put your hand over it for 20 minutes or so and see what happens. That's if you can stand to do it that long.

zubair75

Reaction score
I am having problem with screen timeout, it turns off and only comes back on when I press the power button on the top of the set. Only way to keep it from doing this is to keep the timeout to "never off"

cantamar

Reaction score
Don't know if the flaws are infinite and I believe that VerGooMot are "on-it" with fixes coming soon.

I did what a previous poster recommended, just set the screen to always on, which I prefer and was not an option on other smart phones I had. When you are finished just remember to to a short tap on the "on-off" button which will shut the screen off and save battery. Another short tap will wake the droid.