Screen lock during call unlocks and mutes/ends calls/totally pisses me off

dkharvey

Reaction score
So far the screen suite app has worked great for me. It locks the screen during a call, its a slide lock, if you unlock it, it goes directly back to the call screen to end the call or whatever. You have to go into the settings after you install it and tell it to autolock during calls. It also displays your name, picture, and emergency contact # in case your phone is lost. It has many options, but the only one I really use is the lock during a call.

DroolingOnDroid

Reaction score
Thanks. My husband think that Fring may work too. Will try it out and let u folks know.

But again, not sure if i want to 'cos i will have to figure out a way of speed-dialing thru fring.. hmmm!

the whole idea of needing another app to "phone" from a phone seems silly... but this is the new generation.. right :)

So far the screen suite app has worked great for me. It locks the screen during a call, its a slide lock, if you unlock it, it goes directly back to the call screen to end the call or whatever. You have to go into the settings after you install it and tell it to autolock during calls. It also displays your name, picture, and emergency contact # in case your phone is lost. It has many options, but the only one I really use is the lock during a call.

Mariann

Reaction score
My phone disconnects me when I'm in conversations and it turns itself off at other times so that I can't make it come back on until I take the battery out and re-insert. I've taken it to Verizon and they did "something" and said that if it continues to do the same things, that I should take it back for another one. Right now, I'm pretty frustrated.

hoosiermama

Reaction score
Mine started disconnecting me today, too. I've only had my Droid since the 10th, and have not had a problem before today. Called 611, and got disconnected multiple times, too.:icon_rolleyes: So she knew there was a small problem.

She had me take the battery out, which I did. Now my onscreen keyboard clicks with every letter I type. Didn't do that before, but oh well. Eventually I'll figure out how to turn it off. If it continues, and since I'm in the 30 day window, I'll probably exchange it.:mad:

OP
A

ARZ

Reaction score
I hate to speak too soon, but I haven't had this issue with the new replacement phone. I haven't had it drop or mute ONE call since I got a new one.

Hope this helps everybody that has a problem.

It has maybe 3-4 times (that I have noticed) lit up the keyboard, but never has it dropped or muted a call.

DroolingOnDroid

Reaction score
Switched to Incredible & I am really really happy

Hi guys

After trying out a second moto instrument, I just returned it and the VZ store worked with us and we went thru a complicated transaction whereby by paying restocking fee on 1 phone, we got incredible free for buying my husband's moto droid. yeah! And, I have to say I love the incredible a lot. My husband loves his moto droid. Hanging up etc hasnt been much of an issue for him. I joke that moto is not a women's phone :) But, all this aside, incredible is great. Its sensor works despite my hair and I have only had the speaker turn on once unintentionally. no other problems. I will say though the battery life is short - definitely shorter than moto and I have trouble seeing the screen in bright light outside (even in the car) so makes it hard for using the GPS. But, overall I love the phone. I do. I am so glad I returned the moto and got this. I can also unlock the ph and answer a call with one hand. Its just a sleek instrument that fits well in small hands. I love the UI too. Small things like if u r on a call and u need the dialpad to enter some numbers.. press 2 for xyz etc, even though the screen turns off, the dialpad stays so u r not fumbling to get the dialpad again. I love these little features and it has speed dial in addition to putting direct dial icons on ur home screen. It just adds value. Did I say I am happy with incredible :)