Person on Flight Renames WiFi Hotspot Galaxy Note 7during Flight and Ruin Passengers Holiday!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You have got to be kidding me? This has gone on long enough. People need to realize not every note 7 exploded or will/can. There were so many false claims Samsung should sue the owners for defamation. Take their homes, cars, everything!

So a joke can cause a plane to emergency land? Our society needs to get out of this group hugging BS and grow a pair. It was a joke, get over it. For it to cause mass hysteria is utterly amazing.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
As someone who travels a lot for work, this amazes me. I can't believe that:

A. Someone is stupid enough to do this and think it would be funny.

B. The people that saw the WiFi SSID from their phones over reacted and cancelled the flight. That's not what would be the default SSID name even if it truly was a Note 7. And as Mustang said, even if it was a real Note 7 don't over react, they don't all catch on fire and are not all unsafe.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
The next person who asks why I'm still using a note 7 is going to get throat punched. It says Nexus on the back.

Mustang02 why are you still using a Note 7!!! ;):) Lol!!!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
So a joke can cause a plane to emergency land? Our society needs to get out of this group hugging BS and grow a pair. It was a joke, get over it. For it to cause mass hysteria is utterly amazing.

So I guess hoping for a safe room with puppies to pet, and some Play-Doh would be a non-starter?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
So I guess hoping for a safe room with puppies to pet, and some Play-Doh would be a non-starter?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would LOVE that!!!

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

ngt

Reaction score
Lol, you can't get mad at people for over reacting. It's a phone, that the media has told the public, could possibly (although a very very very very slim possibility) blow up and kill everyone on the flight. Even if there is zero chance of that happening, the majority of the public only knows the "note 7 could blow your airplane out of the sky" part and If that's all you've been told, then that's how you're going to react. People love to say "don't be a pussy" or "grow a pair", but you eating crow if it did happen, won't bring back people's lives. If I'm on that flight, I'm hoping they take all precautions. i'd also hope that who ever did it, has to sit in the lobby with all of the people who missed their connecting flights because of him. He should have to face the music.

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
People need to be smarter than that though. The hotspot would never be the device name. It's the model #.

ngt

Reaction score
People need to be smarter than that though. The hotspot would never be the device name. It's the model #.

Id guess those people that panicked never frequented cell phone forums or thought about the rules for naming hot spots. That would be the majority of the people out there with cell phones.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They've never turned their hotspot on and went "oh that's a weird name?"

ngt

Reaction score
I work with people that have cell phones and can use a hot spot, but can't plug rca av cables from a dvd player to a tv. People are not all as smart as you are giving them credit for. Wifi connections are sometimes named after the router. In the moment, calm thinking doesn't always occur.