Sprint Offers Note 7 Owners Free Phones

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
sprint-logo.jpg

Attention Note 7 owners on Sprint: are you getting a little nervous about that replacement Note 7 in your pocket? Apparently sparked (pun intended) by a supposedly replaced Note 7 that ignited on a Southwest Airlines Flight, Sprint has decided to allow any Note 7 owner to trade in the phone and get any device on their network. Samsung, as well as federal regulators, are investigating this latest claim. However, in the mean time if you just don't trust that Note anymore, you can swap it out for something else. Sprint hinted this will last as long as the investigation does. Of course, all carriers are still allowing you to trade your original 7 in for a refund or credit.

Source: Recode

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I also saw reports on Twitter today that AT&T is offering a similar deal for Note 7 owners.

Glad to see them give customers peace of mind.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Confirmed, ATT is offering this, as well.
No word on the other 2 carriers.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Smh... If theres another official recall I, sadly, may give up on the Note 7. It is a great device but being leery of my phone doesn't sit well.
I was shocked to see you saying this babe.... I'm sitting here with doubt building too

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No doubt here, didn't with the first version either.

Sent from my New Note 7

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Wow so much Fear for Nothing!!! A lot of false allegations and may be one started a fire on South West and people are running scared!!! The Government gave the okay on the New phones and people are still scared. An iPhone can blow up an building and you will never see Apple fanboys jumping ship. Wow!!!! I have had no issues with the Recalled Note 7 or the Safe One. Just make be believe people are after the money! Using scare tatctics for those that are afraid of their shadows!!!

Reactions: cr6
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wow so much Fear for Nothing!!! A lot of false allegations and may be one started a fire on South West and people are running scared!!! The Government gave the okay on the New phones and people are still scared. An iPhone can blow up an building and you will never see Apple fanboys jumping ship. Wow!!!! I have had no issues with the Recalled Note 7 or the Safe One. Just make be believe people are after the money! Using scare tatctics for those that are afraid of their shadows!!!
This article doesn't say anyone has yet. Just that it's available. Good move by the carriers, even if no one jumps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I really don't want to give up my phone

From The Sexy Note 7♡

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I really don't want to give up my phone

From The Sexy Note 7♡
You don't have to. You just have the option.

I'm sure, if your phone catches fire, they'll be happy to take care of you.

& So far, there only been 1 reported case of a replacement device catching fire. When the initial devices did so, there were several reports right away.

Sent from my Moto Z