Sprint Offers Note 7 Owners Free Phones

juggjiggler69

Reaction score
Maybe ot wasn't a Note 7 at all and it was a Iphone 7 plus oh wait that would be ok.....and i am so tired of people saying exploding like if it would explode there woud be no evidence of it being a note 7,for all that matters it was an iphone,a moto z or any other phone,dam they dont explode they just burn. I wish i had a broken one just laying around cause i would make a video of me putting it in my fire pit and show everyone the cool colors the battery makes after it melts

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I hate the Note. I'll say it. Just get a damn tablet! HAHA

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
But why would someone want that small screen on a tablet?
So filled with hate daddy, be calm.

Sent from my New Note 7

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's insanity talking. IMO.
A quick check and there are probably 30+ items in my home with Lithium power supplies, any of which could by your words become a flammable issue to burn my house down. Anything is possible, with those, the wiring in the house, the brakes or airbag in the car.

Not worried or need money from Samsung.

Sent from my New Note 7
Absolutely. There are dozens of items in your house right now that have the ability to catch fire or spontaneously burst into flames. Many items that already have over the years but haven't had a recall or the mass hysteria this device has received.
Why isn't anyone talking about the iPhone 7 that exploded?
https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-exploding-fire-photos/amp/
I agree with Preach....it seems that all the folks complaining don't even have the device. The people that do have it are happy with it and are willing to take that chance.
So be it.
If you travel and are concerned, simply search Amazon for a lipo battery bag to transport your device. Its a fireproof bag that, in the event of a fire or explosion, will contain that fire within the bag and prevent it from spreading or causing damage to anything surrounding it. They range from 5 to 20 bucks and many drone owners purchase them to transport their spare batteries.
Enough with the mass hysteria already. That surge protector or power strip in your office has a better chance of shorting out and catching fire than your Note 7.

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can make calls on my WiFi only Shield K1 tablet through hangouts & my GV number, so I would imagine so.

Sent from my Moto Z
There are also apps for making calls over Wi-Fi on tablets. My daughter uses Talkatone.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, I almost held out for the Note 7 but got an S7 Edge because of the timing. I may not like the curved glass at all but I'd be upset and would consider changing phones. Sure, its a very very small % of people with the issue but the issue is there and could affect any of the phones.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was against the 5 and the rumored 6, which became the 7, due to a sealed battery. Add in a usb c or whatever it's called and I was more against the 7.
No need to tell anyone I told ya so but......

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
So what will you buy when these are the norm?

As far as the Note 7, if they lower the price to Nexus 6P territory I'd buy 3 of them. Fire shmire, cars kill people every day and I still drive them!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what will you buy when these are the norm?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
More batteries for my Note4 . I've replaced it once already.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BBY store I go to no longer have the note 7 on display.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Note 7 has been banned in royal mail, major cruise lines and air lines all over the world.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whether these are 90/10 or 10/90 (real/fake ratio) this is getting out of control for Samsung. At this point it seems like we are getting reports weekly. Even if some of these reports end up being false I don't know if Samsung can get out from under this in time to where when the smoke clears and it proved that (benefit of the doubt) 70% were fake they would have been able to recover in time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And at the end of the day it's just a phone...an inanimate object. Metal, plastic and glass. Just a phone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6